I have a Mexican Fender Stratocaster and I replaced the stock pickups with Custom Shop 69' pickups and whenever I put on distortion whether it be my DS-2 or the amp distortion it makes the buzzing. It's dead silent clean. Also changing from Neck/Middle position doesnt make a difference at all... What could it be its really annoying for recording.
First off, the DS-2 is a bad pedal, second, what kind of amp do you have? SS?

The 69's aren't that great for overdrive anyways. Didn't you do some research on the 60's? Not a lot of people were using Distortion Pedals or SS amps...
High as tits
Perhaps you need a better cable? A cheap $2 cable will pick up a lot of buzz. Maybe there's electronic devices near your guitar the pickups are getting? Also, look into installing some copper shielding.
Quote by Chordzzz
Perhaps you need a better cable? A cheap $2 cable will pick up a lot of buzz. Maybe there's electronic devices near your guitar the pickups are getting? Also, look into installing some copper shielding.

copper shielding?

and DS-2's sound amazing in my opinion and i have a Peavey Studio Pro 112, U.S.A made.
Quote by Burn Out
copper shielding?

Single coils hum. That's what they do. There are, however, methods of combating said hum.

http://www.guitarnuts.com/wiring/shielding/shield3.php

Nothing is 100%, but it'll help. It also helps to turn down your gain, and to stay away from things like computer monitors, fluorescent lighting, or anything that puts off a strong electromagnetic field.
Hi, I'm Peter