hi.

Id like some advise on a high gain pedal for my Marshall JCM 900 4501 tube combo.
Dont bother suggesting the Boss MT2, I dont like it.
thanks in advance
Gear
Gibson Les Paul std faded, Godin LG
Marshall jcm900
Keeley ds1, maxon od808, boston tu500, RMC Wizard
somekinda OD would do great. A distortion pedal wont do good since your Marshall should give all the distortion you need but an OD to put it over the edge you know^^
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
Quote by stephen_rettie
maxon od808 works for me

I will pick up one of those eventually. They improve the overall sound, but its not really a drastic change.
Gear
Marshall jcm900
Quote by Walternativo
I will pick up one of those eventually. They improve the overall sound, but its not really a drastic change.

Have you even tried it?

Maybe try new pups?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
Have you even tried it?

Maybe try new pups?

yes I 'even' have. And no new pickups is a bad idea Ive got a Gibson man. Couldnt be more happy with the guitar. This is about getting more gain out of the Marshall.
Gear
Marshall jcm900
Quote by Walternativo
yes I 'even' have. And no new pickups is a bad idea Ive got a Gibson man. Couldnt be more happy with the guitar. This is about getting more gain out of the Marshall.

The Gibson is the problem, kind sir

Seriously though, I'd go for something like a tube screamer...

Also, apparently Mattias Eklundh has a distortion pedal comming out soon, that will probably get you mental tones, although that's probably not what you're looking for.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Mar 10, 2008,