Hello there.

So, I really want to buy a Fender Startocaster, cause now I have an Epi LP Special II . But unfortunately my budget is not very high.

I live in Hungary, and here a Mexican strato costs 130.000 Ft (about 760 dollars), and the american one costs 260.000 Ft (1530 dollars), so yeah, it's pretty expensive.

I have about 900 dollars, so the brand-new american is out of my price range.
I was thinking about buying a mexican one, and upgrade its pickups and maybe the saddles to some graphtech ones, and so I get a decent guitar (I think).
Or, I could save up to a used american one (for example this one: http://elado.slando.hu/budapest/usa_fender_stratocaster_P_3203134.html ). It's about 1170 dollars, maybe I can beat down its price to about 1050 dollars. Also, it comes with a Fender hard-case.

So what do you think is a better option? Also, do you think that buying a used guitar is a good idea? And maybe in this price range, what other stratocasters are worthy to check out?
With weird prices like that it may end up being most beneficial to you to make your own.
i say save up for an american, defnitely worth it

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

A used guitar would be a good route for someone in your position imo ... You just need to try the guitar out and examine it before you buy.
Quote by JvL
You could also buy a Fender Deluxe Player Stratocaster...

It's mexican built but with USA-parts and it just... kicks ass on every single aspect of the guitar...

and you'll save some big bucks to do something ... nice

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Deluxe-Players-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=511597

i totally agree with him actually

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Thanks for the quick replies.
Well I just checked out the Deluxe Player Stratocaster in a guitar shop, and it sells for about 1100 dollars, and I can't find any used ones. So in this case, the american one for a bit less money would be a better solution.
I really hate Hungary because of these very high prices. I wish I were in America, so I could buy a brand new American strato.
THE DELUXE IS MORE EXPENSIVE THEN A MIA ONE !!!!!!

IN WHAT KIND OF TWISTED COUNTRY DO YOU LIVE?
Quote by timzee117
i say save up for an american, defnitely worth it

+1

Plus you may have a good chance of haggling down the price of whoever is selling the guitar.
Quote by JvL
THE DELUXE IS MORE EXPENSIVE THEN A MIA ONE !!!!!!

IN WHAT KIND OF TWISTED COUNTRY DO YOU LIVE?

The used MIA is cheaper than the brand-new deluxe. A brand-new MIA is of course more expensive, about 1500 dollars.
Quote by T!AN
+1

Plus you may have a good chance of haggling down the price of whoever is selling the guitar.

Yeah that's what I'd like to do, haggle down its price from 1170 to about 1000-1050 dollars. I wrote him a message, I hope will answer whether he would do it.