Well, I am looking for a guitar with three strat type single coils. I will be upgrading them to a red/silver/blue set of lace sensors. Price range is upto about £300.

I know a mexican strat is the obvious choice, but I was wondering if there are any other guitars of a better quality for the money. Brand name doesn't bother me.

Style of music is anything upto rock (Think smashing pumpkins).

My amp is a Laney VC-30 and I have a muff and a tubescreamer TS-808. I have a Gibson Les Paul studio, but would love a guitar with the lace sensors.

Thanks in advance
go cheap and get a squier, even though the neck blows

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

nah, I want a guitar that will be of a reasonable standard. Not saying there is anything wrong with squires but would like something of a better quality than the mexican strat if possible.
Can't get the kits in britain. If I could then I'd get one straight away after reading the reviews
Don't know about the UK specifically, but the Carvin kit is available in Europe:
http://www.musik-schmidt.de/osc-schmidt/catalog/carvin-gk1-bolt-on-guitar-kit-p-15785.html

If you absolutely want to buy from someone inside UK, just ask anyone who sells Carvin gear, I'm sure they'll be able to get it for you.

Btw, is there a reason why you are set on getting Lace Sensors, before you even know what the guitar you're about to buy sounds like. For the price range, I'd look at something like the Classic Player 50's and 60's Strats, but I doubt I'd put any sort of noise free pickups in it (well, Kinman's maybe, if I was forced to).
Quote by whoismilan

Btw, is there a reason why you are set on getting Lace Sensors, before you even know what the guitar you're about to buy sounds like. For the price range, I'd look at something like the Classic Player 50's and 60's Strats, but I doubt I'd put any sort of noise free pickups in it (well, Kinman's maybe, if I was forced to).

TBH I love Billy Corgans tone. I know that tone is a lot of other things aswell but I wanted a guitar able to handle rock but with the strat design. I have my les paul but I wanted something stratty. They sound great on the Lace website and all the reviews I have read sound great too. Nothing could really change my mind on this...
Quote by supergerbil
TBH I love Billy Corgans tone. I know that tone is a lot of other things aswell but I wanted a guitar able to handle rock but with the strat design. I have my les paul but I wanted something stratty. They sound great on the Lace website and all the reviews I have read sound great too. Nothing could really change my mind on this...

If you want Billy Corgan's tone, pickups are the last thing you should be worrying about...

Oh well, not my money, have fun!
Quote by whoismilan
If you want Billy Corgan's tone, pickups are the last thing you should be worrying about...

Oh well, not my money, have fun!

I know I sound stupid. I don't want just his tone, but I like it. It just seems a logical pickup choice for me.