I have had one picked out for awhile now it's the Ashdown Electric Blue 15" speaker, 180watts combo amp costing $379.99. i was just look around the other day and found the Behringer Ultrabass BXL3000A combo, which is only $299.99 it says that its 300 watts, i dunno it almost sounds like it sucks based on the price, like to good to be true.

pretty much i have no idea and would like some suggestions on a combo amp good/ loud enough for gigging, that is under $400.00, that has a good tone, and will last me awhile. thanks.
hope you have a very happy birthday on saturday.
Does anyone remember laughter?

Manuel, please try to understand before one of us DIES.

my gear:

Gibson LP Standard
Epiphone SG
Classical guitar
Peavey ValveKing 112
Marshall MG15
BOSS ME-50
I'd go for the ashdown personally. With Behringer, you get what you pay for.

I'm not sure how gig worthy any amp under $400 would be. You would definitely need PA support methinks.
Proud Owner of a Fender Jazz 24 V

Private Simmons of the Red vs. Blue club. PM Fret13 to join.

Things to come:
Carvin or Trace-elliot rig
EBS Valvedrive (Newest edition )
Ashdown > other amps in this price range.

I think 180 watts should get you by for small/mid sized gigs. Everything else should have a PA anyways.
I would definitely buy the Ashdown, I used to gig with one of them in smaller venues and it was great, I didn't have to mic it or run it through the PA and it would handle larger gigs easily if a PA system is present.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
yeah im not planning on having huge gigs. the band im in will probably open for another band so we will use they PA system they got set up, either that or alot of places already have one. yeah about the behringer thats what i was thinking. i think im gonna go with the ashdown.
First off, from one March baby to another, happy Birthday.

I concur on the Ashdown, its one of the best options in that price range and the most bang for your buck by far. Very nice tone and output.
I call snap on the birthdays!!!

But do not get Behringer. It looks to good to be true. It is. They are truely dreadful amps, with massively overrated specs.

The Ashdown is pretty good. Don't go straight for it, as they do have a pretty distinctive tone you may not like. Try all the amps in the price range and the pick one you like most.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
I call snap on birthday weekend! I'm the day after. Hooray for march-born people.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
hmm, the Fender Bassman seriese are good, have a gander at some of those...
I'm a Fire, and I'll Burn.Burn.Burn.
I'm looking at the Bassman 300. It's got a GREAT sound for me, and lots of tonal options. Try out different ones- it depends on what sound you want.

And happy birthday!
I'm a December baby myself.