I'm lookin for an amp that will give me the sound of Tony Iommi/Black Sabbath if you will. I want that hard classic tone and volume that the band had. If you have any suggestions for what I should get please let me know. I currently have a line 6 spider III amp and a les paul guitar. So any recommendations would be great!
Location and price range?
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
he uses laney amps almost exclusively, so yes, a laney would be good.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
A Laney or an Orange possibly.

They make a TI model (laney does) but it's really expensive, and doens't have a clean channel.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Quote by mazdarocks99
price i'm thinking nothing over 500 but what do u mean by location?

Where you live. Some places get screwed over for certain kind of amps. Plus, we don't know what 500 is. It coul be dollars, pounds, rocks, dimes, bongs, whatever. Please be specific so we can help as much as possible.
500 dollars and i live in hartland about 30 minutes from milwaukee, WI...i primarily go to guitar center
if you've got a decent Les Paul, then your guitar is sorted.

Tony Iommi has a custom model made for him by Laney, which you could look into. i would say, however, that simply a guitar and an amp won't get you to Iommi's territory;

you need to tune the whole guitar down at least on step, i would say, and heavy strings would be in order ( .011 through .52 maybe?) to deal with the lower tuning and to improve the sound (although Iommi used really really light strings and tuned down).

if you cant get his signature amp, i would say get a good tube amp and a fuzz pedal, and fiddle around until you get near to his sound, using his songs, etc, to compare your sound and his.
Does anyone remember laughter?

Manuel, please try to understand before one of us DIES.

my gear:

Gibson LP Standard
Epiphone SG
Classical guitar
Peavey ValveKing 112
Marshall MG15
BOSS ME-50
Since you're in the US, i'd say go for a peavey classic.
Laneys are better for Black Sabbath stuff, but the classic will probably be easier to find used/cheaper.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by acdcrocks0323
Used Classic 30 and a Catalinbread V8 Fuzz Tone.

^This
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
alright can somebody explain to me the difference between a tube amp and i guess a regular one which i have now. I have a line 6 spider III 30 watts....compared to that what would the classic 30 sound like? How much more volume? What size gigs can it be used for and so on
Quote by mazdarocks99
alright can somebody explain to me the difference between a tube amp and i guess a regular one which i have now. I have a line 6 spider III 30 watts....compared to that what would the classic 30 sound like? How much more volume? What size gigs can it be used for and so on

in a nutshell, tube amps sound more authentic, more vintage and are better quality. they are also more expensive.

you may be able to get tons of effects on a non-tube amp, but the volume level and how it reacts to your style/playing is different.

sometimes, a 30 watt tube amp can sound a lot louder fully cranked. another great feature of a tube amp is that, by raising the volume on the clean channel, or on OD with low gain, you can get a crunch sound, i.e. slight overdrive, and warm. of course, that depends on which model of amp and gutar you have.

get a tube amp. you will not regret it.
Does anyone remember laughter?

Manuel, please try to understand before one of us DIES.

my gear:

Gibson LP Standard
Epiphone SG
Classical guitar
Peavey ValveKing 112
Marshall MG15
BOSS ME-50
Awesome thanks, so if I got a 30 watt tube amp, compared to my spider 3 now I bet it would sound a whole lot louder. I'll look into it and find a good one, used or new.