Page 1 of 5
Firebread
UG's Jimi Hendrix Guru
1,632 IQ
So I thought why not make an intro thread, cause people tend to migrate over here from the pit, or so I've noticed. Just thought this might be a nice thread to have. So I guess I'll start with myself eh?

I'm coming out of the pit, hopefully be spending my time here and stay away from everyone trying to get "epic lulz" =P. I'm a big blues and blues rock fan, and I recently am trying some more blues rock (Could only really play blues before. =P) and I guess I'm looking forward to getting more acquainted with you guys. It's definitely a more....friendly atmosphere then the pit.

-Fbread
Feed your mind.
gopherthegreat
592 IQ
my name is gopherthegreat, and i am an alchoholic

i also came here from the pit, because blues (especially prewar blues) is one of my favorite genres.

Jack my swag
ze monsta
I wonder why I stay
419 IQ
I migrated from the pit coz I love the blues. Especially the Delta blues, Piedmont blues and chicago blues.
I like to help.

I play slide guitar, with a knife and a slide. Meh.
Last edited by ze monsta at Mar 27, 2008,
imgooley
PLAY IT ****ING LOUD
4,866 IQ
My Name is imgooley (goolz is easier) and I am an alcoholic

I started out here because I bleed the blues. I prefer the most gritty and dirty gut bucket type stuff. Oh and I don't live in the pit and never have.
Firebread
UG's Jimi Hendrix Guru
1,632 IQ
Quote by imgooley
My Name is imgooley (goolz is easier) and I am an alcoholic

I started out here because I bleed the blues. I prefer the most gritty and dirty gut bucket type stuff. Oh and I don't live in the pit and never have.

Eugh.....guh....does....guh.....not, make.....sense! *explodes*
Feed your mind.
theneildeal
UG's Jazz Guru
1,531 IQ
Hey, i'm Neil.

I love blues and jazz. I migrated from the pit because i got bored of the "ive got cancer - but that's based on nothing in particular" threads, and was amazed to see that there are some jazz fans on UG. I know lots about jazz, so if you have a questions, or just want a chat, im your guy! I'm pretty knowledgeable about blues, so i can hold my own in a discussion!

I'm a regular here, so you'll learn to love me eventually!

See you around

Neil
UG's Stock Market Guy

Hablo Español
Wǒ néng shuō Zhōngwén

So you can speak to me in English, Spanish or Chinese

My Recordings:

Dissident Blues
El Farol
Lenny
We'll Make This Work
Stop This Train
TheDev01dOne
Hard Time Killin' Floor
1,081 IQ
Oh man I love these threads where you can freely promote yourself without looking like an ass!

I am Tim, I like blues and Telecaters. I DIDN'T migrate from the pit, only even been in there about 5 times. I'd rather talk about blues/guitars/gear than actually play most of the time, but I try my best to play a little and learn ****. Mainly playing acoustic since I've just recently delved into that realm, been playing electric guitar for over 10 years though.

Anyone who wants to talk to me may feel free to add me on MSN because I'm always bored as **** and don't have any cool friends to talk about blues with! My email is on my profile!
GD_GC
Master of the Blues Duels
2,005 IQ
Hey I'm Eric, but most just call me GD around here. I love all kinds of blues, and play a mostly electric, Texas blues style. I've been a big blues fan for about 3 years now, and I'm not looking back.

Well I did not migrate from the Pit, until I found the Blues/Jazz subforum, I was a floater, I just looked at the New Posts thing

But I visit the pit occassionally to read and laugh, I never post in there.

Around here I run the blues duels and stuff, once this one is done I'm thinking about doing another so just message me if you're interested.

Hmm what else? I play a Classic Player's 50's Strat (soon to have new pickups ) and some of my favorite artists are Albert Collins, SRV, Clapton, John Mayer, Los Lonely Boys, John Mayall, Fleetwood Mac with Peter Green, and most all blues stuff like that. If you want to talk to me sometime, hit me up on AIM at Teleblues41.

"Blues is what you got when everything else is
gone." - J.Lansdowne
Carswell98
*heavy sigh*
393 IQ
Hi,

My name is Braedon(stupid name ), or Carswell98, or canadian guy, or whatever

me:
(Invalid img)

I actually migrated here from the classic rock forum, and only recently became a pitmonkey

I now frequent a few different forums, and started the only thread on this website dedicated to folk music, woo!

I am a guitar noob, and I really work hard on getting better everyday, because I love music, and always have, and making it is a thousand times more fun and rewarding

hmm, my biggest influences are Freddie King and Rory Gallagher, though my guitar hero is and always has been Page

my favorite author is Douglas Adams

and My role model is Stephen Fry

oh and I am NOT and alcoholic

and you can add me to shoot the shit, at bdaedon@hotmail.com if you should care to
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Last edited by Carswell98 at Mar 11, 2008,
Jimmy94
GET ON THE SNAKE
971 IQ
My name's Jim and I am an alcoholic

I can run real fast with my new shoes
Sometimes I talk real fast! LOL!
My favorite tv show is a tie between hannah montana and project runway
I think of pretty ponies while I play the blues, it's my inspiration

xXx **LOL** I guess that's all you really need to know about me **LOL** xXx
Carswell98
*heavy sigh*
393 IQ
Quote by Jimmy94
My name's Jim and I am an alcoholic

I can run real fast with my new shoes
Sometimes I talk real fast! LOL!
My favorite tv show is a tie between hannah montana and project runway
I think of pretty ponies while I play the blues, it's my inspiration

xXx **LOL** I guess that's all you really need to know about me **LOL** xXx

you actually are an alcoholic aren't you?
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

imgooley
PLAY IT ****ING LOUD
4,866 IQ
^idk that sounded like drunken blabbering to me (i mean that in the most endearing way possible
MrBlues
Feelin the Blues
155 IQ
Im Stefaan (- french name, though im not french so dont give any of that crap)

Love the Blues and quite a bit of Jazz and my friends think im weird becuase of it, but it makes me proud. Dont drink or smoke probably becuase im only in tenth grade. been playin guitar for 1yr and 8 months.

i hang out here mostly and in the muso talk forum.

Msn - stefaan_the_music_man@hotmail.com (how original)
Feelin the Blues

"The Blues are a simple music and I'm a simple man. But the Blues aren't a science, the Blues can't be broken down like a mathematics. The Blues are a mystery, and mysteries are never as simple as they look" - BB King
GD_GC
Master of the Blues Duels
2,005 IQ
^hey I see you've got the Fender Blues Deluxe. How's that amp treating you? I've been having and always have had some problems with it being really muddy and nasty at higher volumes, do you get any of the same thing?
"Blues is what you got when everything else is
gone." - J.Lansdowne
syk3d
Unregistered User
337 IQ
Hey all, I'm Sean. "I come from the land down under". I'm now in my final year of high school, and have been playing guitar for about 3 years now. I only really got into the Blues in the last year, listening to and enjoying Clapton, SRV, Buddy Guy, Albert King etc etc. I don't yet have an electric guitar, but I really want one (mum says I can't get one until after my final exams, because otherwise it will be a distraction). I do, however, own an acoustic that I jam on every day. I've never really learned a song other than those really easy three or four chord songs and Tears in Heaven. Usually my daily playing consists of technique building (chromatics and stuff) and jamming over songs.

One thing that annoys me is that nobody at my school that I know of shares the same appreciation for the blues. For instance, I wouldn't be surprised if none of my friends have ever heard of Stevie Ray Vaughan. It's sad, and I don't enjoy not being able to discuss it with people, so that's why I came to the Blues forums. I haven't been here long, but I'm already feeling at home. I also frequent the Pit for a good laugh, and the GG&A forums (because all I can do is dream about my electric )
Quote by imthehitcher
you truly are a prince of men

Quote by isuckhardcore
I get naked FOR my dog.
chobe
23 IQ
Orate, I'm chobe.

I've been playing about a year and 3 months - started quite late in life I suppose (i'm 23 now) but I've got the bug now and I spend a lot of my spare time playing and I love it. I have 3 acoustic guitars (1 cheap steel string, 1 good steel string and 1 fairly old and decent classical that belonged to my dad), not too bothered about electric right now.

I always liked BB King, Cream etc when I was younger but I started listening to a lot of delta when I was about 20, and that's why I started playing guitar. I listen to Robert Johnson, Bukka White, Blind Willie Johnson and all them lot mostly these days.

Peace.
sre9981
Woo!
802 IQ
Hi I'm Steve and I'm probably an alcoholic, but I prefer the term "drunkard"

I've been playing for about a year and a half now seriously. Playing guitar has inspired my musical tastes immensely, I had never even heard of the blues before I played guitar. I love playing me some blues and jazz but I'm also a big alternative fan, so that type of style has leaked into my playing. When I'm here, I typically frequent the GB&C, Blues/Jazz, and Alternative/Indie forums.

Ask me any given night who my influences are and I'll probably list whoever I'm listening to music wise. Right now, I'm on a kinda punk/blues kick with Neutral Milk Hotel, The Black Keys, The White Stripes, and other lo-fi bands.

tata
Skirvy
680 IQ
sup brother.
I've recently migrated here from no where in particular just random threads.
I just love blues.
Iceman 420
UG's Poke-Penguin
1,360 IQ
Hi, I'm Trung and I enjoy a nice glass of wine every now and then.

Started guitar a year ago my uncle's Ovation, but didn't get serious untily about half a year ago, started getting into the blues a month later. Currently just trying to listen to all the blues I can.

Never really a big fan of The Pit, mostly hung out in the Electric Guitar and G&A sub-forums and am damn pround of being a 14 year old that can actually spell out the word "are" on the interwebz.

Only person at my school who has any real interest in the blues, so it's just me and my lonesome self. Anyone wanna talk, MSN's DeeDeeDee420@msn.com, AIM's NinjaSohei.

Salut, friends.
My Gear:
Ibanez GRX20
Fender Esquire
Keeley TS808
BBE Free Fuzz
Fulltone Clyde Deluxe
MXR Carbon Copy
Peavey Classic 50
Ovation Ultra 1528

"There are only two types of rock guitarists: Jeff Beck and everyone else."
-Mio Akiyama (K-ON!)
crazynickman
Windmiller
731 IQ
My name is Nick and I like to sneak a sip of mouthwash when people aren't looking.

Been playing about 4-5 years total (I started at 9 but gave up for a few years, so I count that first year). Blues/ Blues-rock is my big thing, but I'm never here much...odd. Blues like Clapton, some of the Southern stuff like The Allman Brothers, but also "old school" stuff like Elmore James and especially Howlin' Wolf. There's a whole load of people I'm missing...Captain Beefheart's early stuff that sounds more like blues than avant fart is good too (but so is the avant fart stuff )

Been attempting slide as well for a year or so; not much luck but I'm about 1/3 competent. Also play a teensy tiny bit of harmonica; nothing to write home about.
Quote by Douche ©
I may not be cool off the internet, but on the internet I am pretty cool.

Aww

The Pit Cliff Notes:
Quote by SOADfreak6
myabe we all suck thats why were sitting at a computer desk talking **** thro the enternet lol

If not all of us, at least him.

<//////>~
Dimebag22
☮ ♥ ♫
505 IQ
Hey Y'all, my name is Kris if you already don't know and I look like Bon Jovi . . I'm probably one of the main posters here in the blues forum. I used to be in The Pit but recently came here and it got me away from The Pit, and I haven't posted there for a while now. (Yay!!)

Me:

I've played guitar for about 5 or 6 years and I got into the blues around 2 or 3 years ago thanks to my old guitar teacher (:heart I love the blues so much, my favourite genre of music to both listen to and play. Some of my main blues artists are Albert Collins, Albert King, BB King, Buddy Guy, Cream, Elmore James, Eric Clapton, Gary Moore, Howlin' Wolf, Jeff Healey, Jimi Hendrix, John Mayall, John Lee Hooker, Leadbelly, Muddy Waters, Robert Cray, Robert Johnson, Rory Buchanan, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Tab Benoit, T Bone Walker, and Walter Trout. Pretty much anything blues. You should feel lucky that I even alphabetized those for you

Let me list all my gear for you:
Fender: American Stratocaster, Fender: Hot Rod Deluxe, ESP: LTD EC 1000 w/ Seymour Duncans, Ibanez: TS9 Tube Screamer, Vox: V847 Wah, Line 6: Uber Metal, Fender: CD-100/12 NAT, Simon & Patrick: Woodland CW Cedar GT A 3.2, Boss: SD-1, Boss: AC-2, Boss: GE-7, Boss: DD-3, Boss: CE-5, Boss: TU-2. Marshall: 1965A 4x10 Cabnet, Maxon: OD808

But my main gear is my American Stratocaster, Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall Cab, Maxon OD 808 and Tube Screamer.

Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
Last edited by Dimebag22 at Mar 15, 2008,
Jimmy94
GET ON THE SNAKE
971 IQ
Quote by imgooley
^idk that sounded like drunken blabbering to me (i mean that in the most endearing way possible

I have absolutely no memory of ever writing that.
imgooley
PLAY IT ****ING LOUD
4,866 IQ
Quote by Jimmy94
I have absolutely no memory of ever writing that.

It's alright, just get wasted again. Drunken recall always works every time.
barefootboy
a gray haired boy
192 IQ
Hi, I'm Willie and I hate wearing shoes and I'm a Dr.Pepperaholic. The trash can next to me is mounded with empty cans. I spent time in the south (Mississippi and Texas) as a youth. There I listened to Mississippi Fred Mc Dowell and T-bone Walker. Then came Clapton, Hendrix, and King (Albert). Peter Green, John Mayall, David Gilmor, and the Stones led me back to the roots. Son House, Howling Wolf, Muddy Water and others. Most recently I have been listening to John Hammond and Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac. I slithered thur "the pit" a couple of times but found no reason to stay. I wander thru here regularly. I spend part of my free time building hand wired tube amps with tone reminiscent of early fenders. (I made the one in my profile.)
imgooley
PLAY IT ****ING LOUD
4,866 IQ
Quote by barefootboy
Hi, I'm Willie and I hate wearing shoes and I'm a Dr.Pepperaholic. The trash can next to me is mounded with empty cans. I spent time in the south (Mississippi and Texas) as a youth. There I listened to Mississippi Fred Mc Dowell and T-bone Walker. Then came Clapton, Hendrix, and King (Albert). Peter Green, John Mayall, David Gilmor, and the Stones led me back to the roots. Son House, Howling Wolf, Muddy Water and others. Most recently I have been listening to John Hammond and Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac. I slithered thur "the pit" a couple of times but found no reason to stay. I wander thru here regularly. I spend part of my free time building hand wired tube amps with tone reminiscent of early fenders. (I made the one in my profile.)

Stick around.
guitarplaya322
547 IQ
hi. i like blues and blues rock. i play guitar for 2 years. my favorite guitarist is Jimmy page and he's badass. i also like eric clapton, jimi hendrix, stevie ray vaughan, and duane allman. but jimmy page is my fav.

you can see my gear in the sig. its pretty good i think, but i have been told otherwise
"I wanna see movies of my dreams"
crazynickman
Windmiller
731 IQ
Quote by imgooley
So what have we learned?

That the majority of blues men are booze hounds,

Elmore James was a booze KING. And apparently ol' Robbie Johnson too.
Quote by Douche ©
I may not be cool off the internet, but on the internet I am pretty cool.

Aww

The Pit Cliff Notes:
Quote by SOADfreak6
myabe we all suck thats why were sitting at a computer desk talking **** thro the enternet lol

If not all of us, at least him.

<//////>~
Beakwithteeth
Wild and Reckless Hobo
671 IQ
Hey I have seen this thread a lot but never ventured into it, it's cooler than I figured.

I am Amos, or call me my username it doesn't matter. I have never really had a drink but do not be afraid, for I am not one of those self-righteous types. I got pretty into blues a year or two ago, I like lots of different music, but nothing can beat a slow blues.

I am going to be in my schools jazz band next year so I am trying to learn some jazz theory and stuff.

My favorite players (blues-wise) are BB King, Rev. Gary Davis, SRV, Buddy Guy, and many more cliches.

I still post in the pit quite a bit, but I do feel remorse every time I do for this forum is the best.
imgooley
PLAY IT ****ING LOUD
4,866 IQ
Damn right this forum is the best.

And don't worry, there is a time in every mans life when the need for a stiff drink comes along.
Dimebag22
☮ ♥ ♫
505 IQ
Mostly because everyone knows each other and there's no hate. Plus it's very easy to keep track of, unless someone (not mentioning names *cough*goolz*cough*) Goes around bumping every damn thread
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
imgooley
PLAY IT ****ING LOUD
4,866 IQ
Quote by Dimebag22
Mostly because everyone knows each other and there's no hate. Plus it's very easy to keep track of, unless someone (not mentioning names *cough*goolz*cough*) Goes around bumping every damn thread

don't hate
Carswell98
*heavy sigh*
393 IQ
Quote by crazynickman
Elmore James was a booze KING. And apparently ol' Robbie Johnson too.

Rory Gallagher Drank himself to death slowly

that is the Blooz

@ Breakwithteeth; dude, first of all, Amos is a cool name, and yeah, you are the only other person here i ever see in the pit on a regular basis, except when someone cough*goolz*cough wants to hate on my favorite bands

Last.Fm

― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Carswell98
*heavy sigh*
393 IQ
Quote by imgooley
Hey, that was in jest!!!

I'm just messin'

but you didn't ever look at those videos I posted did you?
Last.Fm

― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Carswell98
*heavy sigh*
393 IQ
Quote by imgooley
not yet dude, I've been busy.

Doing nothin...

But I will watch them

it's tiring isn't it

watch them fool!

edit-

hey, you know what I just realized?

everyone here has said there real name except Goolz, unless that is your name, in which case that would be pretty awesome
Last.Fm

― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Last edited by Carswell98 at Mar 28, 2008,