So for the past month or so i've been contemplating on what guitar to buy. I already decided on the jackson rr3, but today i took my beginner guitar to lessons. my guitar instructor saw it and played it and he said he loved it and that i shouldn't buy another one. the thing is i don't like playing on my starter guitar. should i listen to him or should i buy the jackson rr3 for which i already have the money to pay for it?
maybe if you tell us what your 'beginner guitar' is.

But at the end of the day it's your money, do what you want with it.
Professional Mixing available at request.

Everton FC
What guitar is your 'stater guitar'?

EDIT: Yer i saw after words, i'd stick with the yamaha, i hate jacksons, but its your choice.
Change music style, change sub-forum too.
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
if there is one thing that is certain, buying a new guitar will do no harm.
Does anyone remember laughter?

Manuel, please try to understand before one of us DIES.

my gear:

Gibson LP Standard
Epiphone SG
Classical guitar
Peavey ValveKing 112
Marshall MG15
BOSS ME-50
I'd change you're guitar if you want, but don't get a Jackson. They're really not easy to play on. The next are too wide for any fast playing in my experience.

Just a tip for a guitar, get an epiphone les paul. They might seem cheap but they are great to play. I have a LP 100, and although they're the second bottom of the range, i put some new pickups on and my guitar teacher prefers it to his Gibson Les Paul studio, in sound and playability.
You know, everyone has different tastes. I personally hate any guitar with a strat look to it, however there are a lot of people who would not even look at a guitar that wasn't a strat.

Play the guitar you want to play.

....Plus, Jackson RR3's just look awesome.

EDIT:

Quote by opc100
I'd change you're guitar if you want, but don't get a Jackson. They're really not easy to play on. The next are too wide for any fast playing in my experience.

Just a tip for a guitar, get an epiphone les paul. They might seem cheap but they are great to play. I have a LP 100, and although they're the second bottom of the range, i put some new pickups on and my guitar teacher prefers it to his Gibson Les Paul studio, in sound and playability.

I disagree. Jacksons are good guitars, and they feel good, in my opinion.

I think anything that's not a quality issue just comes down to personal preference. Some people like fat necks, some like skinny necks. Just try a few guitars out before you buy. See what feels good to you.
Last edited by -Rane- at Mar 10, 2008,
Honestly, the Pacificas aren't too bad guitars, and an amp would be more beneficial to your tone I'd suggest upgrading your amp before your guitar .... What do you have at the moment?
Btw, wrong sub-forum, no worries tho =]
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
Quote by -Rane-
You know, everyone has different tastes. I personally hate any guitar with a strat look to it, however there are a lot of people who would not even look at a guitar that wasn't a strat.

Play the guitar you want to play.

....Plus, Jackson RR3's just look awesome.

yeah, that's how i felt after 2 years of playing it and buying an ml, i'm more of a v guitar dude
Quote by cmakkidguitar
Honestly, the Pacificas aren't too bad guitars, and an amp would be more beneficial to your tone I'd suggest upgrading your amp before your guitar .... What do you have at the moment?
Btw, wrong sub-forum, no worries tho =]

i've got a vox, it's one of those hybrid ones that's 30 watts with the reverb
Quote by cmakkidguitar
Honestly, the Pacificas aren't too bad guitars, and an amp would be more beneficial to your tone

+1
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by opc100

?????

What jackson were you playing?

I love my Jackson Randy Rhoads but it is not a beginer's guitar. It takes some getting used to. If you are still a newbie i wouldn't recomend it. For a seasoned player I would recomend it.
You can always upgrade the pacifica to make it more interesting!
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
yay! +1'd by Slats This is a proud day

Well, i'd start to look at tube combos to be honest, and judging by your guitar choice, you like metal What would your budget be? Perhaps look at the Peavey Valveking, Randall RG50TC and keep your eye out on the used market...
Quote by jxljxl

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

i'm not a typical close minded metal fan,but that is what i mostly play. i think i might just get the guitar first and then sell my vox and upgrade it since i have a new job.
What don't you like about the Yamaha? 'Cause it it's the tone, you really ought to go for the amp first and see if that doesn't solve your problems.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
^ Yea, is playability or tone your main concern?
Quote by jxljxl

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

Does your Dean not solve those problems?

Using your dean and a new amp would probably be a better solution
Quote by jxljxl

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

the dean is really ****ed up that's why i'm buying a new guitar. half of the v parts is cracked off, but i put it back together and it only has 1 humbucker.
I seeee :/ Well i can see that a new guitar might be beneficial to you then...
Well tbh, i think it falls down to you and whether you want playability or tone more
Quote by jxljxl

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

My first guitar was a Univox Strat that I couldn't wait to upgrade.

Now I wish I held onto it.

I'd strongly advise you to upgrade the amp first, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania
My first guitar was a Univox Strat that I couldn't wait to upgrade.

Now I wish I held onto it.

I'd strongly advise you to upgrade the amp first, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

i've already upgraded my amp, i used to have a marshall mg, biggest mistake ever.
Quote by MetalMusicianAl
i've got a vox, it's one of those hybrid ones that's 30 watts with the reverb

For the price of the Jackson RR3, you could get yourself a kickass little tube combo that would absolutely blow your Vox hybrid away. That's what I mean by upgrade. Your Yamaha thru a nice tube combo will sound worlds better than the Jackson thru your Vox, I promise you that.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
i can't remember, it was a middle range one i tried in sound control, was really not nice, i think it's like bc rich's, to get a decent guitar you gotta pay for one of those top of the range £1000 ones