Just before christmas, i put my peavey wolfgang into a guitar shop to have a small intonation problem fixed. It solved the problem for a while however, over the past 2/3 weeks, it has completely returned.

Basically, the notes above the 10th fret on the high e string sound sharp and they sort of trill when you hit them. Its extremely bad between the 10th and 15th fret especially on the bridge pick up. The guitar has a dive only locking trem if that helps...

I also have another quick question. When i strike chords starting on the low E string (especially above to 5th fret), they sort of ring for a tiny bit, and then kind of just......fuzz out. Thats the best way i can really describe it. I have no problem with chords ringing on any other strings though. Could this be a technique issue more than anything else?
Its usually Ok when i play through my amp, its when it comes to recording i have problems.

Sorry theres so much to read, but any help is really appreciated because this is driving me crazy
Top lel.
I can try to help, but I am not your most knowledgable guy when it comes to certain problems. But If your saying your string is trilling, which I hear the same thing, is it like a "Up and Down" noise, a change in saying that your hitting it softer and softer, or litteraly hammer to pull-of? Most likely, It might just be your amp, as I've had my guitar checked for it and I found out the amp I had just faid when it was loud. But if it was a acutal change in notes, it is definetly your guitar. I would suggest either changing strings and or having your bridge checked.
its not like a change in notes...
a trill type sound is the best way i can describe it really :/
Top lel.
The string went sharp? Are you sure the guy really did the job? If so, he may not have tightened the saddle bolts enough. You can set your own intonation.
Setting intonation on a Floyd is huge pain in the ass especially if your strings are sharp unless you have one of these http://www.axcessories.com/proddetail.asp?prod=axfrkeya . If you don't, what you need is your tuner and your tools. First unlock all of the locks and retune. Pick a string and hold down your twelfth fret as you normally would while playing and verify that it is out of intonation with your tuner. If it is out, loosen the string a good ways down. Next, loosen that hex bolt that holds down the saddle for that string. If it is sharp, pull the saddle back. This increases the distance between the bridge and the note, flattening it. Based on how far off it was you'll just have to learn over time how far to pull it back. Your Floyd may have three different positions for that saddle bolt. After you pull it back, tighten that saddle bolt real tight (but don't strip the threads!!) and then tune the string back up. Press your twelfth fret and hit it. Check your tuner. If it still isn't right, repeat. If you went too far and went flat, you can get away with loosening the saddle bolt very slowly until the string tension pulls it slowly forward and then locking it down, retuning it and rechecking. It's not easy on a Floyd, but it is worth learning how to do. It also gives one an appreciation for the simple strat tailpiece and the tune-o-matic bridge designs.
As far as your sixth string problem, your string may be grazing the frets somewhere high on the neck. With no amp and dead quiet, if you hold your bad note then hit the string and get your ear real close to the neck, you may be able to hear if that's it. If that is it, you may want to raise your action a hair. If you don't want to do that (because Floyds are all or nothing), you can also shim the saddle. Cutting a piece of matchpack the same size and shape as the saddle works pretty good (not to ghetto up your nice Wolfgang (love them, btw) or anything but if you cut it real nice you can't even see it. Floyds are a real pain.

If that tool link doesn't load, go here but the other one is ten buck cheaper.
Last edited by Badorphan at Mar 10, 2008,
how does that little intonation tool actually work?

yeah i know how to set up the intonation, i managed to do it once before but i was getting the guitar a clean/electronics check so i got them to restring it and fix the intonation and stuff while they were doing it!

I'll probably have a go at setting it myself this weekend and i'll change my strings too!
Top lel.
I think the tips on the tool go around the head of the bolt that holds down the saddle, then the little tab underneath sits down in front of the saddle. I guess you tighten it so the tab is snug and then loosen the saddle bolt. Then it looks like you can either tighten or loosen the thumb screw to move the saddle back and forth. When you think you've got it, I guess you tighten your saddle bolt and try it out. It doesn't appear that the string will function while the tool is attached. But it definitely saves a lot of detuning and retuning. Twenty-five bucks or more for the thing is robbery. Thing should cost about ten.