i had an idea coming home from school today.
my idea was this:

my parents are divorced so i have to visit my dad regularly, no problem, thats fine, its just i dont have my guitar stuff over there and it kills me to go without playing for more than a day so im always cranky and stuff over there. it would be too much of a hassle to bring my guitar stuff over there every single time i would go over there. so i had an idea to just buy new gear to bring over there. im a huge metal head, like huge. and i started a death metal band and thats pretty much all i play, but i still enjoy the classics like Metallica, Ozzy, Ac/Dc and stuff like that. and thats what my dad and step mom listen to, because they hate when i bring my stuff over and jam to Nile and Behemoth. my dad has only watched me play a hand ful of times and they were all when i wasnt that good,he doesnt know how good i am. he also doesnt understand how i feel about music and guitar, i hate telling people how i feel about it because they think of it as a joke. its because im young and they think i wouldnt understand and such. him actually listening, watching and giving requests to play will give him a better understanding of things, and he'll probably buy me guitar stuff now. heh :P. ANYWAY. what i was thinking was getting a Crate Palomino V8 and a Digitech Bad Monkey overdrive pedal to give my amp that extra push. good idea? i dont want to spend that much because this isnt the most important thing to me. i've never owned anything like this and im not educated on tube amps or anything. so will this get me towards the sound i want, like Judas Priest, Rush, maybe Megadeth, Motorhead, Led Zeppelin, etc. etc. and will it give me good cleans too? i still want to have great cleans. because i still want to get a bluesy/jazzy tone too.

um, i didnt realize how much this was going to be, sorry!
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
If you are getting the v8, make sure its the US model one, not the vietnam one. Those things arent too good
ok, i like it.
i played it at my local guitarcenter.
ill be sure to check.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30

Quote by Bentheemo
I take all my stuff between my parents house each week. You have a cube, can't be that hard.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender MIM Standard Strat
Fender Deluxe Reverb
Digitech Bad Monkey
Electro Harmonix Big Muff
Ernie Ball VP Junior 250k
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Quote by guitaringsailor
Buy the pedals! pedals dist is way better than most amps

yeah, i know that.
lol

but im just wondering which one.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30

Quote by Bentheemo
Quote by zapparage
I take all my stuff between my parents house each week. You have a cube, can't be that hard.

its not easy for me.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30

Quote by Bentheemo
Quote by guitaringsailor
Buy the pedals! pedals dist is way better than most amps

One more thing, DONT get a Dist. pedal for a tube amp. It'll kill the sound.

Get an OverDrive instead!

The v8 dist is preety decent too
Quote by esp1234
One more thing, DONT get a Dist. pedal for a tube amp. It'll kill the sound.

Get an OverDrive instead!

The v8 dist is preety decent too

yep yep, i know that too.

thats why i said, "to give it an extra push."
or something like that.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30

Quote by Bentheemo
sounds like you've got a good plan to me. don't forget to check out the blackheart amps (made by crate, i hear they are replacing the palominos and they get a lot of hype) and maybe even a used carvin vintage 16
yeah, i was thinking about the little blackheart's too actually.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30

Quote by Bentheemo
will the Bad Monkey get me like pantera heavy?
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30

Quote by Bentheemo
I was gonna suggest a Microcube just as a small amp to play while there, as it isnt expensive and its not like you are playing with anyone...

But you have a cube 15... Thats not very heavy to take with you... unless you got there on a Motorcycle
i mean, im just going to leave it there all the time.
like thats....their home.
lol.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30

Quote by Bentheemo
i tried one of those out last night, i didnt like the distortion, theres not enough bottom end.
and theres no EQ just a Tone knob. should i just get a microcube and an EQ pedal?
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30

Quote by Bentheemo
You are just playing at your dads house? Why even bother... but yeah I use my fish N chips with my Microcube sometimes because when I want to really crank it it seems its the bass is a little too much...
Quote by ugmung
:/
um.

its pretty loud.

I was just saying that an EQ does help

I know its pretty loud for 2 watts! I think it would be perfect for what you want it for... Just there have been times when I wanted to crank it up and the bass was in the mix TOO much so I used my EQ to turn down the bass a bit so the rest could catch up.

For just some odd bedroom playing and noodling around and just playing for your dad, its perfect. ITs cheap, its good, its small and portable, for when you gone you can store it easily, and its does metal pretty easily. It has some effects built in, and has a line in so you can play with your MP3 player.

I wouldnt want to spend big bucks on an amp and pedals that I wont be playing/using as my main amp.

As for your issues with it you can try out an EQ.

Or even better since you have the Cube 15 AND 60 why not just leave the 15 there? DO you use them both?
its a complicated thing between him and my mom and im just stuck in the middle, it has nothing to do with amps, its money in general.
He still thinks im playing on the 15, and my mom doesnt want me to tell him i have my 60.
I dont play my 15 anymore, my friends buying it soon anyway.

hope that helped, lol.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30

Quote by Bentheemo