I'm looking for an amp that can get me great tone for my future Les Paul (yes it's been on backorder for almost 5 monthes!!). I love Vox's, but that's specifically the AC30 n that sh*t's mad expensive.

Reviews seem that way for this amp, that I'm currently looking at:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Vox-Valvetronix-AD100VTXL-100W-2x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=483007

The Vox Valvetronix AD100VT-XL

It's 100 watts and you can adjust the watts with a knob on the back so you can get good tone even quietly on this 100 watter.

Loud enough for a gig, quiet enough for home/studio.

Do you guys think I can get a tube tone thats good for like blues based rock?

or

Does anyone have any experience with this amp? I don't think my local store carries Vox. So I can't really go play on one.
this belongs in the gear forum
Gibson Explorer
Jackson Soloist SL3
Orange Tiny Terror
Mesa 2x12
whats your budget

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

One tube in the amp =/= tube tone, sorry.
Last edited by -Collapse- at Mar 10, 2008,
Although it is technically a jack of all trades, that amp is geared a little more towards metal and hard rock than anything else. I agree with the Classic 30 suggestion. You will get better tone out of it, especially at higher volumes.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
How about the laney VC30? Aren't they supposed to be cheaper copies of the AC30?
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" - Jimi Hendrix
it's a great amp for metal and hard rock but it only has two clean channels so it's not very versitile in the tone department.
Ibanez RG1570
B.C. Rich KKV
Jackson RR3
Jackson RR5
Ibanez S320
Ibanez S520EX
Vox AD50VT-XL
Dunlop Zakk Wylde Wah
Marshall 2203KK
Marshall 1960A 4x12 Cab
Boss ML-2 Metalcore
Coffin Case Blooddrive
try a carvin legacy, mega cheap for the amount of awesomeness it produces
well you could get a fender hot rod deluxe or blues deluxe for like $700
you could go with the classic 30 like everyone's been saying
you could even go with an ac15 since you like the vox tone. (about $600)

imo all better options than a hybrid amp
My Gear:
MIM Fender Strat HSS

My Influences:
1) David Gilmour
2) SRV
3) Jimmy Page
4) Jimmi Hendrix
5) Slash
You definantly want a tube amp, sir. The valvetronix has a tube preamp, which MIGHT change the sound in the slightest fraction of a fraction of a fraction of your sound, but not really. Tube preamps are just marketing, you want an all tube. The hot rod deluxe is pretty nice, though you'll want a pedal for heavier stuff. In my opinion, it's better to get an amp with better cleans and then get a pedal for heavier stuff than to get a heavier more distortion-worthy amp. It's not like you can get a clean pedal for the latter, so the first option more versatile.

And that much for 15 watts, well...there's a reason for that, with two more specific reasons.

It's an all tube amp, so it's more expensive.

Why is this?

1) It's a little more expensive to make.

2) It's better. So, so much better. Oh, dear god. Let's use an analogy- I'll compare choosing between a non all-tube amp to an all tube amp, to choosing between two guitars. All-tube amp is to Anything else as The American Standard is to a Broom.

Also, tube amps sound ALOT louder.
Quote by metallicafan616
what is hair metal?

Fail.
Last edited by Wanna l3 at Mar 10, 2008,
i feel the opposite way about distortion. I feel that the best distortion comes from the amp and not a pedal.
Gibson Explorer
Jackson Soloist SL3
Orange Tiny Terror
Mesa 2x12
Quote by elchico04
i feel the opposite way about distortion. I feel that the best distortion comes from the amp and not a pedal.

I do agree with that, but if you want more versatility, without buying two amps, a cleaner amp with a pedal is a better choice. If you mostly play distorted stuff, though, by all means, get an amp that focuses on distortion.
Quote by metallicafan616
what is hair metal?

Fail.