Just need all the parts.

Anyone else built one?
Problems you encountered whils't building yours?
Useful tips?
Quote by ep1kz
wtf? why didnt you punch one of them in the face or something? they're not girls, they are fat chavs, they are their own gender
Don't want to sound pesimistic but...
Do you have any experience working with electronics and soldering? If not then I suggest you re-think this before comitting yourself.

Consider getting a kit that will come with everything already, I believe Ted Weber sells some, not sure if he has a Plexi.
Quote by XibanezedgeX
Don't want to sound pesimistic but...
Do you have any experience working with electronics and soldering? If not then I suggest you re-think this before comitting yourself.

Consider getting a kit that will come with everything already, I believe Ted Weber sells some, not sure if he has a Plexi.

+1
Also, building your own amp will (in most small time builder's cases): not be a bargain.
So I wouldn't build just for the purpose of not paying "the man" either.
If that's the case, of course.
In certain cases building amps can be cheaper than buying one. In this case the desired amp is a plexi, which should be much cheaper to build than buy. Ted Weber has kits and ceriatone also has kits. Your first project can be an amp, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. You have to be willing to put tons of time into researching it and go slow while your building it. AX84.com has a very helpful discussion board which will have much more technical help than you will probably get here.
Thanks.

I do have experience with electronics but haven't built a Guitar amplifier before, though this is something i've been wanting to do for a while.

Also well aware of the potentially fatal voltages and what not involved with this.
Quote by ep1kz
wtf? why didnt you punch one of them in the face or something? they're not girls, they are fat chavs, they are their own gender
Last edited by Penguinarmy at Mar 10, 2008,
i have a 1987x weber kit ( 6m45p) and its a great amp it sounds really good...when its not blowing fuses, i am currently in the process of tracking down the culprit for my constant fuse blowing
Gear:
too much to list

Soldering iron:15 dollars
Amp kit: 500 dollars
solder: 5 dollars
Burning the crap outta your fingers: priceless