If my guitar is this: (it is...haha)

A Kramer with no neck pickup and one volume knob.

This is how it's wired. Basically, You have a drill hole from the pickup to the pot, a drill hole from the pot to the ground and an output. Now, if I want to put a neck pickup in, will I have to slave myself? Like, will it be fun for someone who enjoys wood/metal working? well, anyways, I'd like to put on another volume knob and a tone control for the neck pickup. maybe (if I'm not pushing it) a coil tap for the bridge or something, but idk. Now, is this going to be really hard or really easy? I understand the whole you need to complete a circuit and there has to be a ground, etc. so can i have some how to info of how i'd go about routing (i think thats the term) the hole for the pickup and where i should put it and how to put in the volume and tone pots?
sorry im not answering the question but
is it just the picture or is your tremolo completely rusted?
Send me off to bed forevermore.
its just the picture. the trem is worn, but other than a bit in the name engravment (it says floyd rose) its very nice looking. i mean, you have to give it credit. its from 1985.
do u need a switch between the neck and bridge pickup? that'd make it a little more complicated.

volume + tone circuit is simple. u can put a tone control very easily if u have a volume control set up already.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
look at a les paul wiring. one half is already done for you. you can take off the tone control from one of the volume pots in the diagram, then you got ur scematic.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by hendrixmusicman
its just the picture. the trem is worn, but other than a bit in the name engravment (it says floyd rose) its very nice looking. i mean, you have to give it credit. its from 1985.

That's the same year I graduated from high school.
It sounds like you want to do this:

Easy as pie. The hardest part for you will be routing a cavity for the new neck pickup.

I'm not a routing whiz, so I don't know what to advise. If you're clever, you'll take the neck off, then drill a hole from the neck pocket to connect the bridge and neck cavities.

Edit: http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/ for pretty much any wiring diagram you could need. Just remember that the SD wire colour-coding may be different to that of your currently installed pickups.
Last edited by -MintSauce- at Mar 10, 2008,