Hey guys, I just had a snowboarding trip with my church and I'm totally in love with snowboarding now, and me and some friends have said we're going to buy our own gear and drive over to board on weekends next season.

What kind of boards, boots, and bindings, should I be looking at? If it matters? I'm 5'10, 145-150 lbs.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Quote by Fast2
NeverSummer

+1

Not sure about them being the best in the universe, but I one of those which I rented in February was the best board I've ever used.
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
as your first board, don't spend much more than $300, cuz what happends if you lose interest, you'll be losing tons of money, but just go to a sports store and they'll hook you up with some stuff in your price range
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
NeverSummers are like $400 :S. It's my first board ;\.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

just look at any snowboard online shop.

all the best makes are there. burton, forum etc.

i jusy bought a pair of burton boots today :

anyone?! :O

That board looks decent for that price, I don't have a lot of experience with Burton but the ones I've used are pretty good.

Basically anything you buy will leave you with a better board than mine, which is absolutely horrible.
i don't know much i'm learning my self but this site http://www.the-house.com/
has alot of good stuff

and i am not advertising them so don't cuss me
Quote by carmel_l
Frenchy's red.
Finally, true communism will ensue.
I think
E-Married to the very beautiful Epic_Cleavage also soon to be married to Epic_Cleavage, aka the beautiful Ms. Joanna Moore
dude this is uber important, what is your shoe size? anything 10.5 up and your probably gonna need a wide board. also i'd recommend going to a local shop and have the sales person help you, i guarantee they know more than me and most the pit on what would be best for you in your price range. however if there are no local shops, the burton clash for $170 is a pretty good deal.
Quote by rage6945
girls dont get braces in their vaginas buddy
I'm a Burton fan myself. All my gear is Burton. They should just sponser me already.

Go to your nearest sports store and ask them to help you out. They're generally very nice and wont rip you off.
its expensive to start up boarding, but if you're sure you're gonna get into it, thats great.

i suggest:
board: either NeverSummer, Ride, or Nidecker. Nidecker is Swiss. and makes my board. they own.
bindings: Drake. really good bindings imho
boots: 32, burton, DC, ya know... the usual.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
i dont like burton much at all imo. i go for solomon mainly, and i do like k2. and dont spend too much also
Quote by rhcpwhitey
dude this is uber important, what is your shoe size? anything 10.5 up and your probably gonna need a wide board. also i'd recommend going to a local shop and have the sales person help you, i guarantee they know more than me and most the pit on what would be best for you in your price range. however if there are no local shops, the burton clash for $170 is a pretty good deal.

No, no, no, yes listen to the wide board thing, but sales people can be pretty clueless. Just don't get a board based on your height but your weight. Your height has nothing to do with board length.
well theboard size shoud be if your learning or riding park somewhere between your chin and your adams apple but for powder it shood be bettween your chin and nose
but board wise its all a matter of opinion if you want a stiff board or a flexible one
but personally i like fourum boards get ome boots that stay tied not quik to tie
NEVER get step in bindings unless there flows couse the clips ice over bent mettals are nice bindings
but yeh dood god luck
and dont unerestimate the importance of a helmet i used to be an intructor and you wood not beleive how many stpid injuries happen just becouse one small mistake
Quote by StreetLight3989
No, no, no, yes listen to the wide board thing, but sales people can be pretty clueless. Just don't get a board based on your height but your weight. Your height has nothing to do with board length.

i should have specified, i meant local snowboard shop, as in these peoples jobs are to sell snowboards and not much else, the ones i've talked to ride themselves and have experience with the gear they show me, or at least know a lot about it. i do however agree that workers at sporting goods stores often have limited knowledge of snowboarding.
Quote by rage6945
girls dont get braces in their vaginas buddy
Last edited by rhcpwhitey at Mar 10, 2008,
Quote by codebreaka123
well theboard size shoud be if your learning or riding park somewhere between your chin and your adams apple but for powder it shood be bettween your chin and nose
but board wise its all a matter of opinion if you want a stiff board or a flexible one
but personally i like fourum boards get ome boots that stay tied not quik to tie
NEVER get step in bindings unless there flows couse the clips ice over bent mettals are nice bindings
but yeh dood god luck
and dont unerestimate the importance of a helmet i used to be an intructor and you wood not beleive how many stpid injuries happen just becouse one small mistake

When will people learn, nothing to do with height!!!! Board length is weight.
To the dude that said it's expensive to get into boarding..

Yeah man I know, but thoes neversummer boards run like $400. for a beginner (although after my first time last weekend, I could say I was the only dude with a rental board doing park and advanced hills ) , and a first board I wouldn't need to spend that much would I?

Quote by tr3nt
To the dude that said it's expensive to get into boarding..

Yeah man I know, but thoes neversummer boards run like $400. for a beginner (although after my first time last weekend, I could say I was the only dude with a rental board doing park and advanced hills ) , and a first board I wouldn't need to spend that much would I?

those neversummers are pretty expensive, if you want a good cheap board, like, under 200$, go for a burton clash like that guy on the first page said
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal