spider iii amp and i am probably going to get shot but i never understood why people despise them whats wrong with them? (i aint sticking up for them i just want to know whats wrong with them.

MY mate has one and he loves it and quite a few people love them but this seems like a very anti marshall mg and spider iii website
Quote by firebreath07
to look more manly... who doesn't look manly with a small guitar?
They're ok practice amp's, but for all practice purposes (Read gigging/recording) they sound completely like ass. the spider III is ok for specific metal tones, but really nothing else.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
because everyone that ask about it refuses to use the searchbar!... other than that i have no problems with it what so ever
Quote by zekk
They're ok practice amp's, but for all practice purposes (Read gigging/recording) they sound completely like ass. the spider III is ok for specific metal tones, but really nothing else.

Damn lies. They dont sound good for anything. They suck monkey balls.
Gear
Gibson Les Paul std faded, Godin LG
Marshall jcm900
Keeley ds1, maxon od808, boston tu500, RMC Wizard
They sound a little artificial to me, for combo amps i go for Rolands
Staff Sergeant of The Megadeth Military
PM BlackicN to join

Archbishop of Zeppelinism
PM heartbreaker

Gear
Guitars
ESP LTD MH1000
Fender 50th Anniversary Strat
81 Gibson SG
Parker PM20
Amps
Fender Hotrod Deluxe
Roland Cube 60x
Quote by Walternativo

why thankyou for your constructive criticism on the spider III there!

It's not a 'bad' amp. It's just not very well recieved if you want to gig or record.
Professional Mixing available at request.

Everton FC
There is nothing really wrong with it. Its more of a "really" heavy metal amp, meaning insane channel is amazing, clean is ok, and crunch/metal channels are lacking in definition. I have that amp and its perfectly fine for someone who likes to play contemporary death/black metal as well as metalcore. I'm more of a thrash player myself so its a bit too heavy on the lows for my liking.
I used to have an Spider III 75w it had good cleans but the hi gain models sounded too digital to me.
Ibanez RG1570
B.C. Rich KKV
Jackson RR3
Jackson RR5
Ibanez S320
Ibanez S520EX
Vox AD50VT-XL
Dunlop Zakk Wylde Wah
Marshall 2203KK
Marshall 1960A 4x12 Cab
Boss ML-2 Metalcore
Coffin Case Blooddrive
Last edited by COBHC_Slayer at Mar 10, 2008,
Quote by Walternativo

No, really; for sitting on your own and just practicing they're fine but I wouldn't want another musician to hear me play with such sterile tone.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Nothing-I love it.It's got everything right there in the amp thatyou need and fo me beats an effect processor because of the accesibility.I want one....
the 15w is probably the best amp you can buy for 100$ the 10w MG is horrible and the 15w Crate sucks too.
Quote by masterk1818
Ya well when i wrestle/play with my dog he sometimes jumps on my back and starts humping me. But should he be doing this if he is neutered?

Quote by InvaderTSN
Wrestle with him naked. He'll ruv you rong time.

flickr
Quote by SeveralSpecies

....no homo?
Quote by ernieball1000
Nothing-I love it.It's got everything right there in the amp thatyou need and fo me beats an effect processor because of the accesibility.I want one....

Have you ever played through a proper all-tube amp? If not go and do so then come back and tell us how "great" they are, there are much better modeling amps out there and some of them are still made by Line6, things like the Vetta series and the HD147 or whatever it is are pretty good actually, the spiders suck ass though.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
i dont HATE it but it does sound too artificial
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
I own one. It's not a bad amp, but it's not a great amp either. Fine for practice though. Probably be trading mine in to get a Bugera 333xl or a Flextone.
They are fine for cheap guitars and low volume levels.
Not much else.
Entry level modelling amps are pretty sour, but the Vox Valvetronix and Roland Cubes are the better low-level modellers.

For what you pay for a Spider, you could have a more versatile amp that has tubes in it.
By more versatile I mean it sounds better for more things.
Spiders sound good for cheap guitars and low volumes. Tube amps sound good with any guitar that doesn't blow and any volume level, but mostly crank it!
Epiphone Les Paul goldtop (EMG 81/85)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Jay Turser JT200 Serpent (GFS Crunchy Rails/Crunchy Pat)
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H
the sound
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
"all fatties report to the gym!"

Quote by mosh_face

music should only sound like a train running into a wall of BC riches plugged into line 6 spiders
I haven't found anything I haven't like about my Spider III (120 watt, 2x10"). It takes a bit to get the sounds you want, but once you have them it can sound pretty good. Yes, many of the presets sound terrible, but I'm not complaining. I've noticed many people don't like them, but don't let that stop you from trying one for a bit. You many like it, as I like mine. To each his own.
They just sound digital and artificial. They are ok for practicing by yourself or maybe PRACTICING with a band, but not for gigging or recording. When I get a job, they first thing I want to buy is a nice tube amp.
Last edited by Masonpwiley at Mar 10, 2008,
I think they're the best thing that was thrown in the market.

JK!
They're horrible at loud volumes, and that's preety much why I hate the mg's