I just got a EH english muff'n and i've noticed a hum that happens when i turn the pedal on. It gets worse when i put the gain and volume up. This hum instatly goes away when i touch the metal part of the pedal or a metal part of my guitar.

I'm pretty sure my guitar is properly grounded because i havn't had this problem before so how can i fix my pedal if it is the pedal (i can take a picture of the inside if i need to).
It probably is the grounding, the pedal might just be amplifying the noise to audible levels. It can't hurt to check all your solder connections anyway. Other than that, try fresh batteries, a different guitar, and a different lead to see if you can isolate the problem.
Quote by kyle62
It probably is the grounding, the pedal might just be amplifying the noise to audible levels. It can't hurt to check all your solder connections anyway. Other than that, try fresh batteries, a different guitar, and a different lead to see if you can isolate the problem.

I checked my solder connections, they're all good. I turned the gain on my amp all the way up and i still don't get the hum that can be fixed with touching the metal parts. It runs on a 12 volt power supply and no batteries, i only have one guitar, and i trued different leads and no of it fixed it
^some ehx pedals are just noisy... for example their chorus and a few others usually have this problem... the big muff if combined with the amps gain usually also does this... so i dont think anything is wrong necessarily but you could try some others at your local guitar store to see if they have the same problems
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
sorry to hijack this thread but, is it normal for the Boss DS-1 to give off a god awful, ridiculously loud hum? is there anyway to fix it?
It's always done this but I've finally gotten fed up with it because my friend and I are recording and I don't want the buzz to get in the way. I plan on buying a Big Muff soon to replace the DS-1, but I was wondering if a noise suppressor would be of any help? or do DS 1 pedals always make noise like that?