So my epiphone Les Paul starting to have a weird problem when i started playing today. The neck pickup is stuck at a very low volume range. I'd say it's about 2/3 as loud as the bridge pickup, when both volume knobs are at full. Also, if I have it set to use both pickups, it's loudest when the knob for the neck pickup is turned down a little bit.

I know a little bit about wiring, and I looked around and didn't see anything blatantly wrong. Does anyone have any idea what it could be?
could be a pot problem.
GEAR:
Epiphone LP special model 2 (Heavily modded - killswitch and custom midi X-Y touch pad).
Digitech Whammy, Zvex Fuzz Factory, Boss Dynamic Wah, Electro harmonix Little Big Muff, Zoom G7.1ut, Digitech Grunge, Korg KP2.
Marshall AVT 50x
check the pot for the neck pickup, try changing it, if that doesnt work, then you might need another pickup
Proud member of r0k 4 Chr15t club, PM T3hRav3n/christianbassis to join.

The Rig:
Dean Icon
Cimar strat-copy
Ibanez GRX-40
Dean Edge-1 Bass
Digitech RpX400
Peavey Rage 158

Creater of Tuba players united, pm to join.
ok, which type of pot do I need? I know I need 500k, but long shaft or standard shaft?
what ever matches your current pot.
GEAR:
Epiphone LP special model 2 (Heavily modded - killswitch and custom midi X-Y touch pad).
Digitech Whammy, Zvex Fuzz Factory, Boss Dynamic Wah, Electro harmonix Little Big Muff, Zoom G7.1ut, Digitech Grunge, Korg KP2.
Marshall AVT 50x
until I get the new pot, can I just wire it up without the volume pot for that pickup? Will it be the same as it was before on full volume?
Quote by standardowl
until I get the new pot, can I just wire it up without the volume pot for that pickup? Will it be the same as it was before on full volume?

yes it will be. all a volume pot really does is direct to signal to the ground when you turn it down.
GEAR:
Marshall AVT 50x
The pots epi uses are pretty cheap. If your going to do one do them all. And my epi LP uses short shaft pots.