fattypumbaa
FattyPumbaa
559 IQ
So here it is. I dig playing my guitar but, I'm not very good. The main reason is well because I just don't know any songs because well I never know what to learn and when I find a song I like I tend to listen to the song to hear how it goes then I end up listening to the whole record the songs on then I end up leaving and going out. I dig blues and blues-rock and a bit of jazz but my favorite in that department would have to me Tom Waits but anyways Can you guys suggest songs to me so I can learn them and play them and not suck. I don't know any turnaround really and I can lay a variety of 12 bar but I feel I need to learn things to get ideas so I can play lead **** and rhythm so will you guys throw some songs out there for me to learn

Thanks
nimrod_hahahaha
UG's Crime-inal
214 IQ
stevie ray vaughan isn't half bad IMO. good to jam along to and you can pick up bluesy ideas along the way.
Quote by Jackal58
I only judge people based upon the color of their skin.

Quote by Kilty Boxers
id like to shave my balls, but i always cut myself and when i do my shaver is like om nom nom testicle skin.
fattypumbaa
FattyPumbaa
559 IQ
I think SRV is a bit advanced for me. I was thinking maybe something a bit easier.
theneildeal
UG's Jazz Guru
1,531 IQ
try some john mayer. songs from his album continuum are bluesy and easy enough to play. if you want a good place to start, i tabbed out his song "Who Did You Think I Was". Its pretty easy to play, and its got a great blues vibe. There's also room to solo twice, or just play along with what i tabbed. Here's the tab: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/j/john_mayer/who_did_you_think_i_was_guitar_pro.htm

If you're not a John Mayer fan, try some Hendrix or Led Zep

Hope it helps!

Neil
UG's Stock Market Guy

Hablo Español
Wǒ néng shuō Zhōngwén

So you can speak to me in English, Spanish or Chinese

My Recordings:

Dissident Blues
El Farol
Lenny
We'll Make This Work
Stop This Train
MrBlues
Feelin the Blues
155 IQ
^yer John Mayer is a good place to start, but i suggest you go and download some backing tracks (blues of course) and Jam along to them.
Feelin the Blues

"The Blues are a simple music and I'm a simple man. But the Blues aren't a science, the Blues can't be broken down like a mathematics. The Blues are a mystery, and mysteries are never as simple as they look" - BB King
theneildeal
UG's Jazz Guru
1,531 IQ
well, i started with mayer, moved onto srv, and when i feel comfortable, ill start with the backing tracks. This is because mayer and srv, along with many other bluesmen will give me good ideas when im improvising. I find that it also helps to develop your own style of blues.
UG's Stock Market Guy

Hablo Español
Wǒ néng shuō Zhōngwén

My Recordings:

Dissident Blues
El Farol
Lenny
We'll Make This Work
Stop This Train
nightraven
?
653 IQ
there are some great phrases in hendrix's version of 'hey joe'. that's where i started.
theneildeal
UG's Jazz Guru
1,531 IQ
yeah, if you practice songs from Hendrix, SRV, Page etc, you´ll pick up ideas that will improve your playing. You can´t just improv blues without practice and "studying"!
UG's Stock Market Guy

Hablo Español
Wǒ néng shuō Zhōngwén

My Recordings:

Dissident Blues
El Farol
Lenny
We'll Make This Work
Stop This Train
ze monsta
I wonder why I stay
419 IQ
I started with people like Charley Patton and worked forward...but I guess you could try learning bottleneck, it's great fun.