..is it to build you own guitar. I plan on purchasing all that parts, not making them. However, I do want to paint it myself.

So, is it hard to assemble a guitar, and paint it with all the parts on hand?
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
about 7 ish if you purchase the parts... make sure you get the 12th fret position right (make sure the distance between bridge and nut is ok)
If you make the body and neck from scratch 8.
If you buy the body and neck 2 or 3.

You just have to make sure the necks compatible with the body.
Quote by Heat-13
about 7 ish if you purchase the parts... make sure you get the 12th fret position right (make sure the distance between bridge and nut is ok)

The body will already have the studs installed for the bridge, so I can't go wrong.

Quote by carousel182

You just have to make sure the necks compatible with the body.

Already taken care of!
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
10000 if you're a noob. but you like ewoks, so probably 1 for you
Quote by Jackal58
I only judge people based upon the color of their skin.

Quote by Kilty Boxers
id like to shave my balls, but i always cut myself and when i do my shaver is like om nom nom testicle skin.
I would go with 2. It is harder to set up a guitar than to actually build it. It does depend a bit on what you are doing, but going with the sort of assumption of a Strat type of guitar, I'd stick with 2.
1 if you put in all the hard work, planning and have the appropriate tools and working skills

10+ if you just try and wing it.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Quote by Doodleface
The body will already have the studs installed for the bridge, so I can't go wrong.

Already taken care of!

It still depends on the neck. If the neck came from the same body, then yes-it would be O.K. But, what if the bridge posts were measured for a 25.5 scale neck and you install a 24.75 scale, or visa versa? You still need to measure the distance from the bridge saddles to the nut.

All in all, it's a simple job of assembly. If you know your way around a woodshop, then body and neck construction is not very difficult. Setup is the most tedious task in guitar building. Make sure you have a decent micrometer and feeler gauges for measuring.

Check out my custom jobs in my profile pictures. You'll see a few custom necks and bodies.

If you have any question during the build, then please let me know! I'll be glade to guide you along.

Cheers and have fun!
Last edited by avianoguitarist at Mar 11, 2008,