I just found out that the new '08 Alexi-200's use basswood instead of agathis. ESP seems to be doing this with all of their low end guitars. Guess they finally realized that agathis just won't sell.

That being said, would the new Alexi-200 actually be worth a look at? I know it would need a pickup change. I've heard that ESP LFR's aren't bad at all, which seems to be correct judging by the F-250 I played not too long ago. I'd want a pretty high output pickup that sounds good in a basswood body. I'm thinkin DiMarzio X2N. I've got an amazing acoustic for cleans so that's not important. I've been using my neck pickup less and less, and whenever I do need it, I've got my Viper 400 to do the job. The Alexi would stay in drop-C and be used strictly for metal lead if that matters at all.

This is all after I get my 5150 of course, which is just a matter of finding one on ebay.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
I wouldn't pay $800 for a basswood guitar with one pickup and an LFR. Not in a million years.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
*its

freakin noob
Quote by Jackal58
I only judge people based upon the color of their skin.

Quote by Kilty Boxers
id like to shave my balls, but i always cut myself and when i do my shaver is like om nom nom testicle skin.
Quote by Ichimaru
I wouldn't pay $800 for a basswood guitar with one pickup and an LFR. Not in a million years.

... I think you need to reconsider where you buy your guitars, as they seem to be ripping you off big time. That's almost twice the price that the Alexi-200 is in most stores.
you would pay like 300 bucks for a guitar that you plan on putting new pickups in? just buy a better guitar that has good pickups
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
IT $420 (THATS HOW much I paid for mine and i loved it) and why bother changing the pickup it sounds fine
Quote by ChaoticVengence
you would pay like 300 bucks for a guitar that you plan on putting new pickups in? just buy a better guitar that has good pickups

Yes, I would. Pickups are relatively inexpensive.