OK so heres something I've been working on for a little while. Overall I'm pretty satisfied with it, but after the ascending scale pattern from measures 57-88 I'm just not sure where to go. I tried throwing a solo in there but it just sounded patchy and unrefined. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

PS it's called BATTLETOADS because it reminds me of old NES game
Attachments:
BATTLETOADS.zip
Very nice, sort of happy sounding
Nice harmonys!

Some of the drums didn't seem playable to me.
*I play drums aswell as guitar. so sorry if this sounds picky*.
Not because of the speed, but the two kick pedals going at the same time at some points; I wasn't sure if they were both feet at the same time or doing a double kick.
And there is a part where your hitting 2 cymbals and the snare, you'd need three hands !

It lacks bass aswell

Good Job though! 7/10
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
Thanks guys! Yup you're both right still trying to work on a good bassline.
As far as the drums are concerned, I have the kick pedal doubled up just so it sounds more punchy in gp5, the drummer wouldn't be stomping both pedals at once
Similar effect with the cymbals; sometimes I pair up two cymbals to create a single sound that I imagine coming from a single cymbal.
I'll see if I can get a bassline together on my next day off and throw an update on here.
Quote by magonoo77
Thanks guys! Yup you're both right still trying to work on a good bassline.
As far as the drums are concerned, I have the kick pedal doubled up just so it sounds more punchy in gp5, the drummer wouldn't be stomping both pedals at once
Similar effect with the cymbals; sometimes I pair up two cymbals to create a single sound that I imagine coming from a single cymbal.
I'll see if I can get a bassline together on my next day off and throw an update on here.

Yeah, the MIDI drum's are crap.
So I get what you mean, I just put them in normally because I often make backing tracks with them due to a lack of drum recording equipment at my house.
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.