I find myself searching and searching for opinions, videos, reviews, and audio samples of all kinds of gear.

The thing is, I do this when I have NO money and NO intent on buying these items.

Anyone else scour the internetz even when they don't have money to buy something?

Why do I do this?

95% of my computer time is spent doing this. Is this normal?????
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
i go to the music store about once a week...and iv bought 4 things in the past year or so, plus tons of internet research. im right there with ya.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
You're intersted in gear--it's normal.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Every time I'm in Glasgow i visit a guitar shop, and I have no money...ever :-D
Guitar - Fender Jaguar HH Special (Black)

Dunlop Crybaby GCB-95

Zoom GFX - 3

Amp - Marshall MG100DFX

Band - Not Half Right
(www.myspace.com/halfrightmusic)
We all do it. I basically drool over the Gibson Les Paul Supreme, but I don't have anywhere near enough money for one.
Set Up

Fender Highway One Stratocaster
Fender Princeton Chorus Amp
Fender Acoustic 12 String
Samick Acoustic 6 String
Line 6 POD X3 Live
yep do it all the time, i got to guitar center 1-3 times and my local store 1-2 times a month, i barely buy things at GC and usually only strings at the local, most of my time on the internet is spent looking for gear
I used to go in Sound Control nearly every day when I first started guitar, trying out nearly everything whether I could aford it or not. Then I'd go home and search through websites and write lists of things I wanted. It was so pointless.

Since getting a job I've spent most of my wages on gear, a new guitar, a digital recorder, a wah pedal, a valve distortion pedal, a delay pedal, a flange pedal, and recently DiMarzio pickups and a wah upgrade. I'm planning on saving up for the next month and getting a new amp .
When altitude dropping, my ears started popping. One more red nightmare...
Well I DONT have any money atm, but will have about $185 (its a start ) and I am planning on buying a new amp (Peavey classic 30)
damn, i need a freakin job -.-

I really wanted to try out that amp, but samash is like 45mins away, and GC is just a little less than that by like 5mins and parents dont have time to take me

I wish they'd build a samash close to where I live. I'd go there every week
Last edited by esp1234 at Mar 10, 2008,