what i'm looking for in an amp is a very clear clean channel, i play a lot of funk, and as for distortion i'm happy with running my big muff/ds1 over a clean channel. its gotta be really loud and still sound good at high volumes, and its gotta just be powerful.

soooooo with that criteria, some online searching, some testing out at guitar center, i've decided on the hot rod deville 410 60w tube combo
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Hot-Rod-DeVille-410?sku=480508

60 tube watts seems like a lot, especially a fender amp (from my experience they tend to be very loud). the eminence speakers are a plus, i dont know much about tubes but the amp in the store sounded pretty good....

anyone else own it? anyone have any opinions on it? i'm about to blow like a years saving on it so i dont wanna mess up
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
If you only need cleans it would be a good choice. It kind of sucks for overdrive though. Maybe look into a Peavey Classic 50.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by Suicidal_Brick
No.

Fender Twin Reverb will have the cleanest sound for you at high volumes.

you are correct, but i forgot to mention i'm spending all of the money i have and i still wont have exactly enough, i'm gonna have to haggle it down like 100 bucks.

actually i did mention that. whatever i dont have much cash, i'm not spending more than 850
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
That amp is ridiculously loud. I forsee no way that you have it break up on the clean channel at normal gigging volumes.

Go for the Blues Deluxe 40 1x12. It has a slightly nicer tone both clean and overdriven than the HotRod 1x12, and it definitely has you covered in terms of volume. I played a gig with the Hot Rod and my clean channel volume was never above 6, and the master lived at about 3. Definitely loud enough. Almost too loud...

Save some money. Go for the 40 watts.
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer
Fulltone OCD
Dallas-Arbiter Wah Baby
Home-Built Germanium Fuzz Face
MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
2 Fender Blues Juniors
yeah dude. I have the deville 410, probably overkill but i got a used one for only $530, so i think i made a good choice. Some things you might want to consider are
1. it is heavy as hell
2. it is loud as hell. You will be deaf if you play it at 3 on the clean for home practice. It sounds GREAT loud....too bad for your neighbors
3. The overdrive is harder to get used to.
That being said, i ALSO have the ds-1 and i get ALL my tones out of it. I play blues-rock to hard-rock and i switch between a strat and a schecter with 2 emgs in it. For blues, the distortion on the amp gets a GREAT red house tone....but be careful because too much bass and the overdrive sounds like someone diarrheaad in ur amp. You can get GREAT crunch tones with a combination of the amps drive setting with drive on 3 or lower and the ds-1 with drive all the way down. For cleans....it can't be beat. With a strat you are unbelievable, with humbuckers, you get a super smooth tone.

By the way, the most important knob on that amp at low volume is the prescence. DONT FORGET IT!!!!

it is a great amp, i kinda wish i got the 1x12, it is rediculously loud.