http://www.wearefoals.com

http://www.myspace.com/foals

This band rocks. A little band from the UK that incorporate dancey themes into math-tinged post-punk. All the lables are a little overwhelming, but just give it a shot. Their new album Antidotes is ****ing amazing. Really cool stuff. Produced by the dude from TV On the Radio. Go check it.
i don't mean to seem like i care about material things. like a social status. i just want four walls and adobe slabs for my girls.
they're pretty neat. pretty well known though (not that such is a bad thing, but your post made it sound like you were introducing us to them or something). i have the 'try this on your piano' split from back when drew from youthmovies was in them. i prefer it to the later stuff. i've actually got some stuff by the edmund fitzgerald (yannis's old band) as well. its pretty neat, much mathier, but i think the poppiness of foals is better.

but yeah. they're neat. but could be better. youthmovies are the better oxford band.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
Really, really hate this band but my respect for them has gone up ever so slightly now as in that picture the guitarist is playing my dream guitar.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Mathletics makes me smile. I'll definitely have to check this band out.

Ooh, they're playing in the cities in April!
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by Gurgle!Argh!
they're pretty neat. pretty well known though (not that such is a bad thing, but your post made it sound like you were introducing us to them or something). i have the 'try this on your piano' split from back when drew from youthmovies was in them. i prefer it to the later stuff. i've actually got some stuff by the edmund fitzgerald (yannis's old band) as well. its pretty neat, much mathier, but i think the poppiness of foals is better.

but yeah. they're neat. but could be better. youthmovies are the better oxford band.

Cool man. Would you mind maybe PMing me some of that older stuff with Edmund Fitzgerald and Try This On Your Piano? It sounds uber interesting. I also want to check out Yannis's favorite band called Sweep the Leg Johnny.
i don't mean to seem like i care about material things. like a social status. i just want four walls and adobe slabs for my girls.
I think they're pretty catchy.

And by "pretty," I mean "exceedingly."
There's only one girl in the world for you
and she probably lives in Tahiti.
I hate to say I like them.

All their songs sound the same, the lyrics are rubbish, but Goddamn, they make me wanna dance.

I will get sick of them though and end up hating them.
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

hate 'em.

PS: I spent ages thinking of a witty or interesting way to phrase that, but it's all I could come up with.
P.S. You suck dick.
No because you suck dick.

And you have ****ing X's in your username. What're you trying to prove?
Quote by fightrobbert!
No because you suck dick.

Calm down, not everyone likes the bands that you do.
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

Quote by fightrobbert!

how hxc and h4rdc0r3 i am!!!111!!!!1!1

Seriously though, I didn't criticse you or anyone for liking this band. I merely stated that I didn't like them. I find their music annoying, repetitive and generic. This is a thread to openly discuss The Foals, isn't it? If you like them; fine - I honestly don't care. It's your opinion.

I've seen other pretentious, ignorant posts by you on UG and this one has sealed your reputation as a total imbecile.
fightrobbert!, why spam your own thread?

Anyway, time to move on... Foals. Yeah, Jon, caught a bit of Corrie today for some reason and one of the characters was wearing a Foals t-shirt.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
i've that try this on your piano 7" as well, might turn into some ebay gold some day (unless it already has), i've also got thier live 12" of the gig i was at. that's quite good as well

i'm unsure about the album though, people don't seem to be raving about it like the ground-breaking/mind-bending/hip-shaking album it promised to be. but i havent heard it yet so who knows?

also Sweep the leg johnny are amazing (FAO parenthesis fans - it's actually a misquote!)
Don't be fooled, Antidotes is a hella fun record. I highly recommend it. Very enjoyable.

I need to get on the Sweep the Leg jank.
Quote by bobjewell87
i've that try this on your piano 7" as well, might turn into some ebay gold some day (unless it already has), i've also got thier live 12" of the gig i was at. that's quite good as well

i'm unsure about the album though, people don't seem to be raving about it like the ground-breaking/mind-bending/hip-shaking album it promised to be. but i havent heard it yet so who knows?

also Sweep the leg johnny are amazing (FAO parenthesis fans - it's actually a misquote!)

straight up? he does say it to johnny though, right? i feel so cheated. fuck you karate kid, and fuck you, math rock!
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.