Page 1 of 2
Hey UG.

So I'm 14 and in 8th grade, but my parents are all on me about my grades. I have a 90+ average and I'm usually in High Honor Roll, but recently I've been slacking off and getting high 80's.

Next year, in 9th grade, I plan to step it up and actually apply myself.

Reguardless, a 90-95 average is still good, right? I mean come on, it's not like I'm going to work at Mcdonalds as a career because I don't have a perfect GPA.

So, is my parents anger justified?
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
i said that when i was in 8th grade, thats theres always next year. im a sophmore and got just over a 3 gpa
Quote by Joey Walker
Quote by anaoshak
look at all those knobs, he must have a mean tone.

Bottle caps buddy, they are bottle caps

Quote by Shib
The internet: Men are men, women are men and little girls are FBI agents.
parents dont need a reason to be justified theyre parents
Dick+strings= owww
Quote by Wulphy
Hey UG.

So I'm 14 and in 8th grade, but my parents are all on me about my grades. I have a 90+ average and I'm usually in High Honor Roll, but recently I've been slacking off and getting high 80's.

Reguardless, a 90-95 average is still good, right? I mean come on, it's not like I'm going to work at Mcdonalds as a career because I don't have a perfect GPA.

I can see a bright, greasy future in store for you.
give up while you're ahead
Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
nah it's not that big a deal...

if you like flippin' burgers.

This is Larry The If you click him, he will give you magic powers.
srsly.

If you are not willing to die for the perfect s'more, Then you don't deserve a s'more at all.
High 80's are still great; your parents have the right to be concerned, but certainly not angry.
You're a kid, it's not like your trying to free the slaves.

You just made the horrible mistake of asking the pit for help, don't worry, happens all the time.

And as usual nobody will come to your aid
Last edited by maccas666 at Mar 10, 2008,
Now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever seen anyone in Mcdonalds who could speak english.
Quote by Ur all $h1t

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
dude your doing fine, my parents are the same. i'm a sophomore now and they give me crap if i get a B even if it's a high B
Quote by Fusanti_RHCP
I have had no problems. Mostly because I am Jesus.
same situation EXACTLY...
XP it sucks.
Quote by Rengori
If you haven't noticed, girls pants magically fly off when you play Hey There Delilah.

Quote by AAAAAAAAAARGH
Maybe the Canadians shouldn't try to illegally cross into the sea.

Never thought of...

I fail.
just say sorry as much as possible these upcoming 4 years and you can get by. ur gonna be ****ed in college though.
You worry way too much, Grade 9, 10, don't matter at all, grade 11 does a bit, but only grade 12 really affects your future. Don't worry yourself. If the worst happen you can always drop out and become a prostitute or stripper.
Quote by cheeseman3001
give up while you're ahead

that made me lol uncontrolably
All i can say it do the best you ****ing can... If you know you could be doing better then do it. I go to pharmacy school and I wasted a lot of time in high school and I paid when I had to go to another school before I could get into the one now. I also work in admisions and we only look at grades. We dont think about extenuating circumstances. We have denied people based on one B. I know Pharmacy school is diffrent, but if you can make the grades then go for it, it isnt that hard and totally worth it.
Main Rigs
Guitars
Thineline tele with SD lil '59

Ibanez Artcore AM-73

Line 6 Variax 500

Effects

Line 6 X3 live
Digitech RP-500
Ibanez Weeping Demon

Amps
Roland JC-120
Rocktron VT-60
yea exact same here. last year i had the best average in grade seven, 97.6%, but now i have an 89% average. I'm lazy though and alot of my teachers either really like me or really hate me.
English class is pushing it too, it's just nit-picking.
Quote by Ur all $h1t

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
K_parker Grade 12 doesn't mean **** in the long wrong. When you apply to schools all they can look at is your 9 10 and 11 grades. You dont get grades by the time you apply. Plus most colleges know that senior year is the easiest on most students so they dont count it as much
Main Rigs
Guitars

Ibanez Artcore AM-73

Line 6 Variax 500

Effects

Line 6 X3 live
Digitech RP-500
Ibanez Weeping Demon

Amps
Roland JC-120
Rocktron VT-60
Quote by SloppyJoseph
Get a job u bum.

I have a job, I work at a furniture store.

Some guy came up to me when I was in Dunkin' Donuts and asked me if I needed a job.

It was weird.
Quote by Ur all $h1t

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Calmly, grab your buddy's calculus book and ask your parents to solve the problems after having say... 1 hour to learn how to do them.

Granted, some may get it, but then you have Calc 2, and 3, o wait there's a 4th one too.

Of course they'll say you get to use a calculator, at which point you just ran outta ammo.

But hopefully they are too dumbfounded at the math to think of that response.

... That, or murder.

I'd go with the latter.
i*[∂/∂t]*Ψt = -[∇^2]/2*(Ψt) (unitless form)

Almost as convenient as Wikipedia, but infinitely more hipster, Dover.
whoa, your thread sounds almost exactly like the one i just made... except I'm in 9th grade and its an 80 in question. But the yelling is the same about B's. I think that B's arent bad as long as you dont continue to go down.
This is my signature... And yes this is the most original thing... ever.
Gear:
Guitars
Epiphone Dot
Jackson DK2M
Ibanez RG2EX1

Amps
Roland Cube 30X

Pedals
DOD FX25-B Envelope Filter
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Crybaby
EHX Big Muff Pi
Quote by Wulphy
Hey UG.

haha your parents are really being retarded, ive got all D's and C's, my parents finally just gave up and decided theyd be happy if i at least went to community college, and theyll let any ****tard into those things.
Same problem here bro. I'm actually gonna start applying myself again next year when it matters more. Don't be worried. It will all go away when you start working again.
Quote by fagelamusgtr
Same problem here bro. I'm actually gonna start applying myself again next year when it matters more. Don't be worried. It will all go away when you start working again.

They shouldn't tell you that Jr. High doesn't mean ****. That way, I would be applying myself.
Quote by Ur all $h1t

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by Wulphy
Hey UG.

I think that's actually quite good.....I get mostly C's in school and my parents get on me sometimes but both of them and my step dad all know that I'm smarter than the average 15 year old from IQ tests and just talking to me and they're cool about most stuff like that....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
haha your parents are really being retarded, ive got all D's and C's, my parents finally just gave up and decided theyd be happy if i at least went to community college, and theyll let any ****tard into those things.

While there is truth to that, there is a certain amount of work ethic that has to be learned. If you dont get it in highschool then your not likly to show it in college (even a community college).

ON a side note. I think COmmunity college is great and there are some amaxing schools out there, but you shouldn't aspire to go to one becasue of your academics. Its one thing to go becasue of affordability, but it is entirely diffrent so so poorly in school because you know you can get in.
Main Rigs
Guitars

Ibanez Artcore AM-73

Line 6 Variax 500

Effects

Line 6 X3 live
Digitech RP-500
Ibanez Weeping Demon

Amps
Roland JC-120
Rocktron VT-60
Your obviously lying my friend. At the age of fourteen im currently in the 10th grade while you say your still in the 8th grade, if thats the case you failed a grade , meaning you probably DONT get as good grades as you say you do..
The Set Up
1- Bc.Rich Nj Series Best w/Emgs
2-Ibanez v-blade, custom snakeskin
3-Fender Stratocaster
4-1986 Charvel Model 5
///
MXR Phase 90
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Dunlop crybaby original
Quote by The__Chill
Your obviously lying my friend. At the age of fourteen im currently in the 10th grade while you say your still in the 8th grade, if thats the case you failed a grade , meaning you probably DONT get as good grades as you say you do..

Umm, no? I was born in '94, and am in 8th grade.

Do the math, dumbass.
Quote by Ur all $h1t

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by teknotard
While there is truth to that, there is a certain amount of work ethic that has to be learned. If you dont get it in highschool then your not likly to show it in college (even a community college).

ON a side note. I think COmmunity college is great and there are some amaxing schools out there, but you shouldn't aspire to go to one becasue of your academics. Its one thing to go becasue of affordability, but it is entirely diffrent so so poorly in school because you know you can get in.

yeah, i do poorly in school all because of my work ethic, I just don't care too much. It'll bite me in the ass one day I know, but **** it, we all have to make our mistakes I suppose...
Quote by The__Chill

wouldnt a 14 year old be in 9th grade?
Quote by FreeManson15
wouldnt a 14 year old be in 9th grade?

Yes.

Look:

You go into 8th grade at 13. You turn 14 in February. Your 14.

Wow.
Quote by Ur all $h1t

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by dudeqwertyuiop1
mcdonalds isn't all that bad

it sucks ass working there, trust me...
Quote by FreeManson15
it sucks ass working there, trust me...

I would put anthrax in the fryers, you know, to prove a point.
Quote by Ur all $h1t

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Page 1 of 2