Hey I'm seriously looking into buying a H1 Strat. I have recently learned that the Highway series was originally Highway 1, and then changed to Highway One in 2007. I would much prefer the older version due to the smaller headstock. Are there any differences other than the headstock, pickups and bridge? Thanks in advance.
Some finishes as well. Same finish, just some different colors. I have a 2002 Strat and I LOVE this guitar.
a friend of mine, who is a professional, says he prefers his highway one tele over his american standard and american deluxe because the finish allows the tone to resonate more, and he says he likes the p/us (im not a fender guy so i dont know if the pups are the same in the american standard or deluxr series as well)
Gear

Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender American Strat
Taylor 214ce
Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier (about to be Voodoo Modded)
Keeley TS-808
Boss GT-10 Processor
Boss RC-20xl
I own one. She's one of the best guitars I've ever played. I'm actually a fan of the larger headstock, though. Wow, I wish I had more in depth things to say.
Set Up

Fender Highway One Stratocaster
Fender Princeton Chorus Amp
Fender Acoustic 12 String
Samick Acoustic 6 String
Line 6 POD X3 Live
I don't know who said it, but someone said "Mexican fenders are made by mexicans in mexico. Highway ones are made by mexicans in california."
As far as I know, you're only paying for the American idea.
They're made from some Mexican parts yeah. So? They're good guitars and it's what matters. US Guitars are also made by Mexicans.

The Highway 1 are just an alternative to the US Standard series. I PREFER the HW1s as their bridge is better for me simply enough. Different guitars dude.
Dude go for this guitar i played the H1 at my local store i bought its still on layby though i cant wait to get it i preferred it over the standard the feel and the all round sound was so much better

Dude The finish is awesome so yeah get it!

Gear
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Carvin V3 and Marhall 1960A cab
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

Highway Ones = Best Fender Guitars I've played so far!

except maybe the Eric Clapton Strat

But still, Hwy1s are sweet!
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG