Page 1 of 6
Okay UG, the conference tournaments have started, which means one thing... THE MADNESS IS UPON US!!

Anyway, post your picks, thoughts, whatever. If there's enough time and/or interest, I might try and figure out if we could possibly do a pool or something.

By the way, I'll go ahead and say it right now... Davidson WILL surprise someone in the 1st round, will probably sneak up on someone in the 2nd, and has a decent shot at doing well through the Sweet 16. They're playing tonight at 9 EST on ESPN2 if you don't believe me.
hell im in.

GO BULDOGS!!!!>

cant believe we won 4 games in 3 days. We're the houston rockets of the NCAA>
Davidson is a pleasant surprise this year, I'm still pissed that Illinois State, Dayton, VT and Arizona State got hosed though. Im in for a pool by the way
Quote by Joshrocker48
I like you, as a fellow vocalist I like that you are here on UG and admit to not being a guitarist.
Bravo.

Quote by arsonite
GTFO non-guitarist!

Joke
Quote by Grateful77
hell im in.

GO BULDOGS!!!!>

cant believe we won 4 games in 3 days. We're the houston rockets of the NCAA>

Nah, Davidson is more like the Rockets of the NCAA. 22 game win streak. Thats badass
Quote by Joshrocker48
I like you, as a fellow vocalist I like that you are here on UG and admit to not being a guitarist.
Bravo.

Quote by arsonite
GTFO non-guitarist!

Joke
Jayhawks . . . we nearly beat you the other day.

GO BIG RED!

. . . in the NIT.

+1

I'm thinking UNC will win, I have my brackets up on Facebook. Someone make a poll on Facebook, or EPSN, or some jazz.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
hmmm gonna have to think on my pics. ill probaly have them in by tuesday. I know its not gonna happen and im gonna screw up alot of pics but i have georgia winning it all. I have never and will not ever pick against my dawgs.
Quote by Grateful77
hmmm gonna have to think on my pics. ill probaly have them in by tuesday. I know its not gonna happen and im gonna screw up alot of pics but i have georgia winning it all. I have never and will not ever pick against my dawgs.

Georgia? Wow your pretty dedicated, especially to a team that is 17-16
Quote by Joshrocker48
Bravo.

Quote by arsonite
GTFO non-guitarist!

Joke
Quote by Grateful77

I would never pick against my own teams, especially if they are playing some candy ass mid-major in a BCS Bowl Game, which relied on a passing attack, and could not run the ball worth a crap.
The difference between a man who runs 4.4 and and a man who runs a 4.5 is 12 inches.

The difference between a man who gives it his all for his team and a man who doesn't is a mile.
hell yeah im dedicated. Well i mean you cant deny the amont of momentum we have.

(in reality i think UNC will take it)

Hansbrough is a beast but id bet money he wont do jack **** in the NBA.
Quote by TNtitans
I would never pick against my own teams, especially if they are playing some candy ass mid-major in a BCS Bowl Game, which relied on a passing attack, and could not run the ball worth a crap.

you referring to us vs hawaii?

I woulda loved to play USC or WV or some other team worth of our skill. At least we woulda got a challenge
Quote by Grateful77
you referring to us vs hawaii?

I woulda loved to play USC or WV or some other team worth of our skill. At least we woulda got a challenge

Yeah, Hawaii didn't deserve to be there. Perfect proof of an undefeated mid-major against an SEC powerhouse, and why we need a playoff system.
The difference between a man who runs 4.4 and and a man who runs a 4.5 is 12 inches.

The difference between a man who gives it his all for his team and a man who doesn't is a mile.
Quote by Grateful77
hell yeah im dedicated. Well i mean you cant deny the amont of momentum we have.

(in reality i think UNC will take it)

Hansbrough is a beast but id bet money he wont do jack **** in the NBA.

Meh, 4 game win streak is ok, but the worst to first deal was pretty cool. I jus dont have any faith in teams lower than 3 seed this year.
Quote by Joshrocker48
Bravo.

Quote by arsonite
GTFO non-guitarist!

Joke
Quote by TNtitans
Yeah, Hawaii didn't deserve to be there. Perfect proof of an undefeated mid-major against an SEC powerhouse, and why we need a playoff system.

yeah boise state is the exception. Even though that oklahomoa vs boise state was a great game, maybe the greatest in CFB history, it makes people schedule all these undefeated JV teams in hope of finding another boise state when in reality its not gonna heppen
Quote by Grateful77
yeah boise state is the exception. Even though that oklahomoa vs boise state was a great game, maybe the greatest in CFB history, it makes people schedule all these undefeated JV teams in hope of finding another boise state when in reality its not gonna heppen

Exactly

On topic, everyone is picking Davidson to be this year's bracket buster, but in the first round they take on Gonzaga, and most likely Georgetown in the second. I have doubts that they will even get out of the first round, the Zags have always been a team who has a lot of heart, and will not underestimate anybody. If they do get to Georgetown, do they have a big man, to match up with Roy Hibbert?

Sadly, Georgia isn't gonna make it past the first round

Xavier is gonna rape them.

UNC is going all the way, Final Four are:

UNC, Georgetown, Texas, UCLA

Edit: Signed up on the yahoo bracket thing btw, Leeroy.
Quote by Snuffles
You are an absolute god, offspring_punk

Quote by drop-dead666
You're a retard, read Scourges posts. There is already a system folder, why do I need a system32.
Last edited by offspring_punk at Mar 16, 2008,
Kentucky all the way!
Quote by angusfan16
I opened my eyes and found my mother standing next to me with my sheets in one hand and the other hand over her eyes. She said, "Why are you naked!" and i quickly tried to come up with an answer, but all i could get out was, "Feels good man."
kansas unc xavier and texas

w/ kansas winning over texas
Last edited by dudeqwertyuiop1 at Mar 17, 2008,
Happy to see that this thread finally got some life!

Anyway, my bracket's in.

And my parents recently informed me that I don't have to go to school on Friday so I can watch the game!!! Whether we go to Raleigh or watch it from our arena is undecided as of yet, but I'm unbelievably stoked.
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
Happy to see that this thread finally got some life!

Anyway, my bracket's in.

And my parents recently informed me that I don't have to go to school on Friday so I can watch the game!!! Whether we go to Raleigh or watch it from our arena is undecided as of yet, but I'm unbelievably stoked.

your lucky i have to race home to school everyday

any body have any big upsets my biggest is butler over tenneseee
Even though i pay no attention to the actual tournament, I think Oral Roberts will win.
Quote by srowland
Even though i pay no attention to the actual tournament, I think Oral Roberts will win.

I picked them to win in the first round just because their name is lawl- worthy.
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
I picked them to win in the first round just because their name is lawl- worthy.

over pitt? I like the name but pit has a chance to go pretty far, they will beat either msu or temple and agianst memphis you never know
I picked davidson in the first round. My final four is Unc Pitt UCLA and Georgetown and final is Gtown over UCLA. My big upset is Baylor to the Sweet 16 but i'm seriously considering making them to the elite 8 but i just don't see them beating Duke.
ED REED BABY
i got duke goin out in the second round to west virginia 'neers

my four: UNC, Kansas, Texas, UCLA
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
- James Marshall Hendrix

"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. None but you can free your mind."
- Bob Marley
Duke out second round to West Virginia? I'd be praying before that game. and Davidson is good, defiently good enough to beat Gonzaga, but probably not Georgetown. And yes, Xavier will basically castrate Georgia. a 17-16 team in the NCAA? Good lord they are incredibly lucky
Quote by Joshrocker48
Bravo.

Quote by arsonite
GTFO non-guitarist!

Joke
I suprised myself when I put Uconn in the final four, but Hasheem Thabeet seems to dominant, I'm really hoping for this upset
well Uconn has defientaly shown that they can play with the big boys
Quote by Joshrocker48
Bravo.

Quote by arsonite
GTFO non-guitarist!

Joke
Quote by Rosseta Stoned
Duke out second round to West Virginia? I'd be praying before that game. and Davidson is good, defiently good enough to beat Gonzaga, but probably not Georgetown. And yes, Xavier will basically castrate Georgia. a 17-16 team in the NCAA? Good lord they are incredibly lucky

For Davidson to beat Georgetown, all we've got to do is:

a) Get Roy Hibbert in foul trouble.
b) Make sure Stephen Curry has a good game.

If those two things happen, Davidson has a great chance of beating Georgetown.
Well they have as good of a chance as anybody else, but i think that they only midmajor team that will do well is Drake
Quote by Joshrocker48
Bravo.

Quote by arsonite
GTFO non-guitarist!

Joke
Wow. After deciding my brackets, I recognized that there does not look like any competition for the top teams. The first and second seeds have it pretty easy.