Ive soldered stuff before, modded my wah, but never have really worked with circuit boards from scratch. Im confused about the diagrams.

Here look at this diagram
http://smallbox.zeonhost.com/projects/lpb1/index.html

The connections that are under the circuitboard that are marked with a kind of transparent line, do you have to wire those? Or do you just solder them to the board and the signal carries through the board with the copper?

Also when two wires come together (the wires from the sleeves of the jacks) does that just mean solder one onto the other?

thanks
you can do that many ways. (referring to question #2) what i would do is, run the white (ground wire) from one sleeve to the other sleeve, then have one lead coming off of that.
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...
artwork is also copywrited, that shouldnt be posted anywhere XD
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...
Quote by THE Saint Jimmy
artwork is also copywrited, that shouldnt be posted anywhere XD

i thought itd be ok cause it was in the ultimate pedal building thread

Bump to this:
The connections that are under the circuitboard that are marked with a kind of transparent line, do you have to wire those? Or do you just solder them to the board and the signal carries through the board with the copper?
Last edited by thrice07 at Mar 10, 2008,
Quote by forsaknazrael
Just make sure they're electrically connected somehow. You cannoect them through the perf, and just wire one of the leads to another lead.

ok so if you have a circuit board you have to etch the copper tracks, but if you have a perfboard you just wire them?
Something like that. Solder the components to the copper tracings...

Since you're using that diagram, I'll assume you don't have a PCB...so just connect it.
http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/vanhansen/lpb1_perf2.gif.html
See the black lines? Just basically using the component leads on this perf layout to connect the components...