Recently I've been putting alot of time into playing my acoustic, and my fingers are getting tired after awhile, and can't keep up. Anyone have any strengthening tips?

K thx
What you cannot escape, you must fight; what you cannot fight, you must endure.
play more
Quote by Twist of fate
I like playing twister with dead cats and old people
keep on playing acoustic guitar, but rest yur fingers for a day or two between large playing sessions. i know what you feel. i practise my tapping on my acoustic and i play for like 3 hours straight. also i find putting my finger tips up against heat kinda helps
darn, i know awesome finger strength excercises, but forget them
but eventually your fingers will get stronger.
Lol, I'm sorry to deceive you Badorphan, but that's Departed by AILD. It's a song I admire.
Thx for the tips. Djmay yours are interesting, i think i might try that.
I bought a excerciser called a GripMaster (sounds dirtier than it really is) that allows you to excercise each finger individually. I got mine on Musician'sFriend.
Stop whining and learn your theory!

Quote by oddhawk676
Yeah, some black guy with a yankees cap walks into the ice cream parlor, and I said "We dont serve your kind here," as in, yankee fans, i guess he thought something else and left.
Quote by PekarGuitar
I bought a excerciser called a GripMaster (sounds dirtier than it really is) that allows you to excercise each finger individually. I got mine on Musician'sFriend.

If you're that concerned you can buy a stress ball, or a hand grip strengthener thing (I got mine for rock climbing) which'll do the similar things to strengthen your hands/fingers

Play more tho. I get the same as you (but more my wrist and hand than my fingers) when playing around a lot of barre chord shapes and keeping up with the practice has helped more than anything else..
Let me tell you about heartache and the loss of god
Wandering, wandering in hopeless night
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars

Out here we is stoned
Immaculate.
sounds good, i guess it just takes awhile. If anyone else has any short term tips, lemme know
my fingers suck too. i cant seem to hold down 4 strings with one finger when i know its possible. any idears/tricks?
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

^^^^

practice makes perfect. it sounds cliched but thats because its really the only way. just keep at it and when it frustrates you, break something (not your guitar) take a little bit off and then just get back at it. remember also to keep your palm flat on the back of the neck. also when you put your finger down use your picking hand to pick each string individually and move your fretting hand with you picking hand to get the right position...until you can do it with your fretting hand alone. gluck