What bands come to mind when someone mentions an amp has an intense, dark, modern hi-gain metal tone with good crunch?

(I got this from the Ultimate Amps Thread: Peavey 6505)
Dark and intense metal tones? Newer bands have that kind of sound. Bands like Killswitch Engage and their contemporaries.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Mmm.
Trivium
Children of Bodom
All that Remains
Jackson King V KVX10
Line 6 Spider III 75 W.
Peavey 5150/6505 Combo to be owned at the end of 2010.
Rammstein, but that's probably cause I'm listening to the now.
Quote by Vermintide
In Soviet Russia, bar searches YOU!!!

To me, Trivium, COB and Rammstein are pretty bright...
You want dark? Take bands that use(d) the 6505 for example: In Flames, Arch Enemy, Machine Head, the Black Dahlia Murder and so on.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
dimmu borgir, gorgoroth, ...And oceans have a really dark tone.
Ibanez RG1570
B.C. Rich KKV
Jackson RR3
Jackson RR5
Ibanez S320
Ibanez S520EX
Vox AD50VT-XL
Dunlop Zakk Wylde Wah
Marshall 2203KK
Marshall 1960A 4x12 Cab
Boss ML-2 Metalcore
Coffin Case Blooddrive
in flames would probably be what i'd think of, in terms of the more popular bands.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Meshuggah
In Flames (older stuff like Reroute to Remain)
Arch Enemy (Older stuff)
Opeth
Porcupine Tree (when they do go dark it is REALLY dark)
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Quote by aznrockerdude
To me, Trivium, COB and Rammstein are pretty bright...

Trivium have extensively 6505's and have gone back to them recently :p But CoB are definitely bright.
Trivium- Ascendency era (on songs like Pull Harder)
KsE pre Howard.
InFlames,
Arch Enemy.

e.t.c
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Yngwi3
Trivium have extensively 6505's and have gone back to them recently :p But CoB are definitely bright.
Trivium- Ascendency era (on songs like Pull Harder)
KsE pre Howard.
InFlames,
Arch Enemy.

e.t.c

Oh yah I know. I used to be a fanboy. And KSE recorded with a 5150 and a Framus Cobra on one of their newest Cds, no?
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
Oh yah I know. I used to be a fanboy. And KSE recorded with a 5150 and a Framus Cobra on one of their newest Cds, no?

I'm still a fanboy
Indeed they did although they used Dual Rectos mainly on their newest album I believe.
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Quote by Brendan.Clace
Meshuggah
In Flames (older stuff like Reroute to Remain)
Arch Enemy (Older stuff)
Opeth
Porcupine Tree (when they do go dark it is REALLY dark)

+1 to all, +99 more for Opeth and Porcupine Tree. Early Opeth is a little light on the bass to my ears though. PT is surprisingly heavy and dark at times, given that technically they're prog rock and not metal. Very dark sounds though.
Machine Head has one of my favorite "dark" metal tones.
Most "metalcore" bands have relatively bright tones to my ears, but if you're into that Bullet For My Valentine has a relatively dark tone, as does All That Remains.
Not as dark as some modern bands, but Skid Row has a nice dark tone.
Quote by Yngwi3
I'm still a fanboy
Indeed they did although they used Dual Rectos mainly on their newest album I believe.

I believe they recorded with Marshall DSLs; they started touring with DRs on the Black Crusade tour though.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Quote by aznrockerdude
I believe they recorded with Marshall DSLs

On the Crusade, yes
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace