Can you guys suggest an EQ setting to get a nice pop punk tone?
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
*bump*
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
I dont know much about eq settings, and I dont know what knobs you have...so here is what I would think...treble all the way, bass quarter way, mid half or less the way, and a good distortion/overdrive to go with it..
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
I'm using a JCM2000. I have Treble, Mids, and Bass knobs.. I'll try that out, thanks man.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

It's a Marshall.... turn it up and there you go.... pretty much instant punk tone.... at least from my experience with the JCM2000
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
just so you know, i'm using this for recording.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Quote by forsaknazrael
Have you tried the Ultimate Settings sticky at all...?

I would but at school, the first page is blocked because the word "MySpace" is there. I can't find any other page with information that would work well for me.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

which JCM2000 do you have? DSL or TSL?
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Quote by JLT73
which JCM2000 do you have? DSL or TSL?

TSL.

Quote by forsaknazrael
Gotcha. Just make sure there's a healthy amount of mids and treble, and that if you have a prescence control it's around 11 o'clock to 3 o'clock, with 12 o'clock being the middle of the dial.

Thanks man. I haven't found anything about presence settings. I don't even know what it means tbh,
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Quote by forsaknazrael
Prescence is kind of like a high-mid bite control, to my ears. And pop punk has a lot of that.

Just fiddle with it between that sweep range I gave you, see where you like it.

Alright, thanks a lot dude.

Would this work well with a Fender Strat? Its a buddy of mine's so I'm not really familiar with it.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...