so this is the story about 5 months ago i bought a marshall mg100dfx. ive had ,amy jam sessions since then and the amp worked like a jem. but about 2 weeks ago i left it at a mates house we think that the power line was struck by lightning and now my amp, my lead guitarists amp (exactly the same as mine) doesnt work. they both turn on but no sound can be heard even when all the gain and volume knobs are on full
Maybe the speakers are blown.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Quote by Chaosinborn
They decided they wouldnt play anymore because they are ashamed of their sound

LOL
Honestly, it's a friggen Mg. Why should you give a ****. This is a sign you desperatly need a new amp. Just screw it and go amp shopping.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Quote by classicrocker01
Honestly, it's a friggen Mg. Why should you give a ****. This is a sign you desperatly need a new amp. Just screw it and go amp shopping.

+1 billion
Well the only thing we can say is take it to an amp tech. Go to your local music store, if they dont have an amp tech they can point you in the right direction. But if it was struck by lightning it doesnt sound very hopefull
That is why you never leave your amp plugged in. And, God purposely struck down the amp. It was time you saw the light...
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Quote by acdcrocks0323
Well you can leave it plugged in, just use a surge protecter or power conditioner to make sure nothing happens in bad weather.

Sorry, I phrased that wrong. I ment to say when you aren't playing it...
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
Quote by acdcrocks0323
Even then you can leave it plugged in with a power conditioner.

Yeah, it is only an MG. But, I really trust nothing to protect my stuff. And plus, my amp stays in it's cases unless I am playing it. So, the power cable stays in my cable bag...
Quote by thrilla13w

Quote by Slaytanic1993
Quote by acdcrocks0323
Well you can leave it plugged in, just use a surge protecter or power conditioner to make sure nothing happens in bad weather.

I have a huge one that fits all my adaptors and amp power cables, my phone charger, my stereo....

It's awesome. I highly suggest you get one, TS.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Lightning can really screw up SS stuff. And getting it fixed will probably not be cheap if even possible. And surge protectors dont always work so well the cheap ones dont stop much in the way of lightning. And even then lightning can find ways around sometimes. Lightning hit my house surge protector stopped it from coming thru the wall socket but it just went thru the cable wire thru the box back down the power cord and fried my XBox plugged into the power strip. So looks like your going to be in the market for an amp.