If i got a chord progression, then how am i supposed to figure out the vocal?

besides that, i wanna improvise over the chord progression instead of strumming the chords, any tips on that?
peanuts and beers
To improvise over it, it's just a matter of finding what key the progression resolves to (i.e what does it start/end on?) then using a scale to improvise over the chord progression (feel free to correct me there :S)
......... because here at mcdonald's our special ingredient is our people...
Quote by Infatuation
i see. but i just have trouble singing for some reason.

Try working with someone who has singing experience.
Singing isn't my speciality, but I agree in concerns to humming out the tune you're looking for.

I also agree concerning listening closely to the song you've written because the feel and mood of the song should ultimately match the feel and mood of the lyrics. Listening to it will also tell you where vocals would be assisting the music and where it will be getting in the way.
Quote by Infatuation
well the song is in G

the chords are: G Am Bm C D Em Fdim

its YOUR song.... you need to come up with that yourself.

If you cant do it at 1st..... work at it and get better. Any advice you take on what to write, makes it less your song. We can't write it for you.

btw is that the chord progression? cause thats just the harmonized G Major scale (except the F should be F#)..... its not really a chord progression.

Try listening to and learning some songs to get ideas. Get creative and take it from there.
shred is gaudy music
get your guitar, play a tune over your progression that could relate to humming a tune. SO no killer riffs or anything. A simple tune.

Also, I'd recommend you try to find guitar pro tabs with vocals. You might get ideas from that.
Quote by GuitarMunky
its YOUR song.... you need to come up with that yourself.

If you cant do it at 1st..... work at it and get better. Any advice you take on what to write, makes it less your song. We can't write it for you.

btw is that the chord progression? cause thats just the harmonized G Major scale (except the F should be F#)..... its not really a chord progression.

Try listening to and learning some songs to get ideas. Get creative and take it from there.

I agree completely. You have to write it yourself. Head over to the songwriter's area and see what you can pick up in technique there.

Also, to GuitarMunky, the harmonised G Major scale is a chord progression. A harmonised Major scale is one of the most popular chord progressions, it's just very very overdone is all.

Even so, is there a particular order TS? If it's just those seven chords played in order there's not much to it.

For solos play the notes those chords contain, you can't go wrong if you play notes over chords containing those notes.