I dont know if this belongs here but whatever...Okay its another what should I get thread but I also want to know about electronic drum sets, I've heard about them can somone tell me about them a little, and how much do they usually cost?

Serious answers please.
i prefer acoustic sets, you can add on more drums as you go alonf a lot more easier then electric and there is a certain feel that i like better in acoustic sets. but you can make different sounds with electric sets. also a basic acoustic set is most likely cheaper
i had one, very convenient. i got some yamaha one, but i got ripped off, and spent close to 1k? i think you can get it now for 800 or so, but i wouldnt go cheap on em. its really good if you wanna learn and will be dedicated because you can practice anytime, and using headphones is fun while palying with em. you can play to preset songs, even record for yourself through a direct plug in. the downside is that its sometimes hard to jam with people, cause it doesnt sound as good. but i borrowed my friends set for shows and such, and practifced on my electric so i was good to go. overall its a good investment if you know you will play, and youd'd end up spending maybe 800-1.5k, so make sure youd really use it!
dude, what about an actual solo in death metal instead of that poof from linkin park. Think of Pulse of the Maggots - Bed Of Razors

#1 MEMEBER OF THE OFFICIAL THRASH METAL FAN CLUB (PM URE FAV BANDS TO ME TO JOIN)
first thing you need to know before buying a kit.

Use a metronome. If you don't, you'll end up "Tech" death. Noone wants that.

Second, you could either buy it seperatly from Drum city guitarland or buy from a local music shop. :]
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0
acoustic-about $500 for an all right set, nuthin spectacular
but i dunno too much about drums, but they are really fun to play
before you buy drums, make sure you know how to count and hold a steady beat, a drummer is worthless if he/she can't hold time
My Gear
Fender 72 Tele Deluxe
Behringer GM108
Austin Boot-Heel Cutaway
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Peavey Valveking 112

Quote by mikeman
Everyone can relate to food or taking dumps but nobody sings about it.
How much would a starter set like this cost:

With the cymbols, and hi hat, etc...

what would be a good beginner kit? Price?
Quote by Seth Shadows
first thing you need to know before buying a kit.

Use a metronome. If you don't, you'll end up "Tech" death. Noone wants that.

Second, you could either buy it seperatly from Drum city guitarland or buy from a local music shop. :]

Technical death or "tech" death?
Quote by cap'n curry
acoustic-about $500 for an all right set, nuthin spectacular
but i dunno too much about drums, but they are really fun to play
before you buy drums, make sure you know how to count and hold a steady beat, a drummer is worthless if he/she can't hold time

I can dont worry.
get used mapex birch
bliss and wuhan cymbals (amazing value)
mapex janus double pedal

all about $700 in total and will be almost pro quality.

i have mapex saturns and a roland td12 which cost £2k. what you can do if you have a good pc is get a usb drumkit and just use drumkit from hell of torrentspyy..meshuggah record with drumkit from hell they dont use live drums.
Quote by Andreas1
get used mapex birch
bliss and wuhan cymbals (amazing value)
mapex janus double pedal

all about $700 in total and will be almost pro quality.

how much would it be if unused? I might not be able to get used.
Quote by Enihs
how much would it be if unused? I might not be able to get used.

just get used, for a beginner, its a smart thing to do if you want to get something decent without spending too much money. You'll just have to search for one
My Gear
Fender 72 Tele Deluxe
Behringer GM108
Austin Boot-Heel Cutaway
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Peavey Valveking 112

Quote by mikeman
Everyone can relate to food or taking dumps but nobody sings about it.
Quote by Andreas1

I dont think that will work, I need to be able to get the kit august 8th, but that expires in like 4 days...That and I dont trust ebay.(I'm weird like that)

Sorry if I'm getting annoying.
Quote by maccas666
You mean you don't wanna be a musician anymore?

why did the guitarist put drumsticks on his dashboard?

so he can park in the handicapped spots!

seriously though no matter what you get, dont use stock heads. go with evans.