Ok, so I'm filling in at bass at a show for my friend's band at the end of the month. There's only one problem: I don't have a giggable bass amp. However, I do have a 120 watt guitar amp. Would I be able to play my bass through the guitar amp without any amp damage, or should i look elsewhere?
Playing your bass through a guitar amp = ****ed up guitar amp.
Awakening The Revenant
Deathcore side project: Malevolent

Quote by shavorules42
start with more poppy music with occasional screams and then work your way into emoish crap like a day to remember and so on.
Dont mean to hijack the thread but would playing bass through a guitar head w/ headphone hurt?

But yeah... Bass - guitar amp - bad idea!
I own:
Fender Jazz 24 (5 string) Yay! =D
Behringer BXL3000A Nay =(
Zoom B2 effects Ehh? =S

Im learning:
Bass =P

I play in:
Casual Karma
The Uno Whos
- Both uni bands

DnD nerd of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join
It's the speaker you'd be damaging. AFAIK, if it's through a head and into a bass cab it would be fine.
Main gear
Guitars
Shine ST420F
Epiphone 1966 Limited Edition G-400
Martin DX1K
Amps
1976 Silverface Champ
Egnater Tweaker 112 combo
I's possible and it won't damage the amp! I used a crate amp for over a year that was a guitar one!!! its still in top condition 2
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Help Bunny gain world domination by copying and pasting him in your sig or webpage.

ANDY!!!
The amp might make it through unscathed, I played through my father-inlaws Fender Reverb for a month or so when my amp crapped on me, and it was just fine. Some damage can occur tho....so it's a gamble really.
you can.. but it is not recommended. I mean you can probably use 20 to 30W of it and not do any damage to it... but that is not "giggable".

Using guitar amps for a bass is more of a short term practice thing.
He don't remember, how it got there
It had a number, written on his forearm
It spelled disaster