Hey I used to play guitar and I was never the best, but I put the guitar down for a while and am now looking to start back up again. I am looking for anyone who would be willing to help me by teaching me some stuff. My style is classic rock, rock, metal. I really would like to become good at the guitar and maybe get in a band but I need some help learning to play the guitar again. so if anyone can help that would be greatly appreciated.
What do you know?
What do you want to know?
What is your current skill level?
What was your former skill level?

"Come on, Barbie! Help me help you! Help me help you! Help me help you!"
Quote by bangoodcharlote
What do you know?
What do you want to know?
What is your current skill level?
What was your former skill level?

"Come on, Barbie! Help me help you! Help me help you! Help me help you!"

I know like basically how to push down the strings and strum. And how to read guitar tabs.

I want to learn how to play the guitar really well.

Current skill level: SUCK

Former skill level: Okay
Musician Talk is generally for more advanced stuff, as beginners shouldn't really be considered musicians. On a serious note, I suggest looking here, https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=9, as this part of the UG is more for the beginners. Look through the FAQ and a few pages of current threads. Also check the archives. Google is also a good place to look; search "beginning guitar" or something. Cyberfret.com may be good as well.

I'm not personally going to give out lessons online. I'm not very good at teaching the beginning stuff and I find it somewhat dull, but others may be more willing. However, if you encounter a question about theory or usage or termonology, I'm your girl.
Quote by bangoodcharlote
Musician Talk is generally for more advanced stuff, as beginners shouldn't really be considered musicians. On a serious note, I suggest looking here, https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=9, as this part of the UG is more for the beginners. Look through the FAQ and a few pages of current threads. Also check the archives. Google is also a good place to look; search "beginning guitar" or something. Cyberfret.com may be good as well.

I'm not personally going to give out lessons online. I'm not very good at teaching the beginning stuff and I find it somewhat dull, but others may be more willing. However, if you encounter a question about theory or usage or termonology, I'm your girl.

Thanks