Page 1 of 2
but it looks like they announced their festival lineup this year.

Friday, July 18:
Pitchfork Music Festival and All Tomorrow's Parties present Don't Look Back

Public Enemy performing It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back
+ more, to be announced

Saturday, July 19:

Animal Collective
!!!
Vampire Weekend
Dizzee Rascal
No Age
Atlas Sound
Fleet Foxes
+ many more!

Sunday, July 20:

Spiritualized
M. Ward
Boris
Extra Golden
El Guincho
+ many more!

spiritualized is the only act i would traval to see.

it also seems as though ticket prices went up this year to $65 for a three-day pass. anyone else have thoughts on this? i admit to almost going last year, but this lineup isn't worth putting up with people who would attend such an event.
dude, boris, spiritualized, dizzee rascall and !!!. awesome.

you guys care way too much about indie hypsters.
the heart is a risky fuel to burn
Sweeeet. M. Ward. Atlas Sound is pretty cool too.

Sorry, but I am not familiar with this festival, where do they have this?
dot... dot... dot...
Pitchfork is good for tour dates and despite what you naysayers think they have fairly accurate album reviews, with some exceptions. That being said, I would probably not attend this festival.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

Public Enemy= Winsauce
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Meh, I've only heard of Animal Collective and Boris on the list. And, while I love both, I wouldn't take the time or money to see the event.

But, judging by the posts above, I'm missing out on Spiritualized, obviously. =/
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Very missable.
Couple of good bands but not good enough. There aren't really any headliners as such out of that selection. They'll probably book Portishead at some point which would be good to see, but other than that, bit of Public Enemy, bit of !!!, bit of M Ward, other than that it looks like a snoozefest.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
i like pitchfork! i give it a 7.93654(recurring)!

¬_¬
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
if i lived in chicago or a couple of hours away, i'd go for sure.

and i don't mind pitchfork. i take their reviews with a grain of salt, but they're alright.
Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join

last.fm
I wonder if M. Ward is going to be there doing his project with Zooey Deschanel. Because that would be really cool.
There's only one girl in the world for you
and she probably lives in Tahiti.
I don't hate Pitchfork Media. They play the elitist card a lot but their writers that write the reviews are really good. I'm always impressed by the reviews. It makes the UG reviews look like they were made by a retarted kindergardner instead of just a regular kindergardner.
i don't mean to seem like i care about material things. like a social status. i just want four walls and adobe slabs for my girls.
AC+Boris would be what i am most interested in.
maybe if i can convince people to go with me i might hit it up...
Quote by uhh_me?
AC+Boris would be what i am most interested in.
maybe if i can somehow end up moving to Chicago in a hurry, it might happen...

True.
don't be fooled by the title, i don't care what you think about pitchfork. i was just interested in discussing the festival.

Quote by DorkusMalorkus
Spiritualized: I like the title track of Ladies and Gentlemen...but I haven't been able to get into much else of that album. I'll give it another go.

the whole album is great, but not sounding too much like the title song.
Quote by fightrobbert!
I don't hate Pitchfork Media. They play the elitist card a lot but their writers that write the reviews are really good. I'm always impressed by the reviews. It makes the UG reviews look like they were made by a retarted kindergardner instead of just a regular kindergardner.

You aren't talking about the Album of the Month in A/I are you? ARE YOU!

I should do another one of those soon...
Quote by starsnostars
don't be fooled by the title, i don't care what you think about pitchfork. i was just interested in discussing the festival.

just go with it, y'know?
Quote by UMadeMeRealise
What are the criteria for AOTM? Does it have to be a recent release or can it be older?

i always went with something that most regular users here would enjoy, but probably aren't that aware of. new and old.

there hasn't been one in probably six months or so. i think at this point, anyone could do one over any album and none of us would complain.
^race!
Quote by Guns N' r0ses
I think its 18 in california but I'm just wonderin cuz if i get caught then I can be like "well legally im allowed to watch it" and they'll be like "k koo"
AOTMs! I've always loved the retarded kindegarden style of the A/I AOTM. Just kidding, I really do like the few AOTMs there are, they've gotten me into a few great albums. A very ambitious, but very unlikely to happen project would be to write a AOTM for every album on the essential list... that would rock. Screamadelica would be very cool too.

Anyways, the lineup doesn't blow, there are just better line ups out there.

I'd love to write a review for 69 love songs or Pink moon in a couple of weeks.
Last edited by julio1987 at Mar 11, 2008,
Quote by DorkusMalorkus
Why?'s new CD Alopecia. It came out today.

I'm downloading it now. I'm going to buy it as soon as I can get a ride out to a store that carries it.

Slick CD. Why? is awesome.

Fatalist Palmistry off that album is awesome.
their european festivals are always way better than their American counterparts.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
Vampire Weekend is a good CD, but the hype is so disgusting. It really is disheartening.
i don't mean to seem like i care about material things. like a social status. i just want four walls and adobe slabs for my girls.
Quote by UtBDan
their european festivals are always way better than their American counterparts.

yeah, you're right. i love the tons of european festivals that pitchfork does. like the one that's coming up later this year where they collaborate with ATP. oh! and that one that's coming up later this year where they collaborate with ATP. but my favorite has to be have been the one that's coming up later this year where they collaborate with ATP.

yeah, pitchfork has done a **** ton of european festivals.
No the people that write the retarted reviews are people like the meatheads in the pit. That place makes me gag.
Quote by starsnostars
yeah, you're right. i love the tons of european festivals that pitchfork does. like the one that's coming up later this year where they collaborate with ATP. oh! and that one that's coming up later this year where they collaborate with ATP. but my favorite has to be have been the one that's coming up later this year where they collaborate with ATP.

yeah, pitchfork has done a **** ton of european festivals.

i was going to make a sarcastic comment about that post, but you fulfilled all the hopes i ever could have had on that front. many, many thanks.
Yeah, see, I was referring to how the festival with ATP happens more than JUST ONCE EVERY LIFETIME. And I was referring to how the ATP festival in Europe is always better than its American counterpart.

But I guess I'll just settle for y'all being a sarcastic and dimwitted collective.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
Page 1 of 2