Page 1 of 2
alright so i know my next guitar is going to be a jackson, thing is i heard that jackson will be releasing new gutiars within a couple of months(april or after). if this is true does anybody have a bit of info on them(couldnt find any)
honestly, who cares?

but thats just me, i dont like when companies continue to reap profits off of the popularity of dead people (im tlkn about the randy rhodes models, and at dean for there never ending line of dimebag guitars)
Quote by nt1440
honestly, who cares?

and at dean for there never ending line of dimebag guitars

EVH actually used that shape before dimebag, thats where he got it...
Quote by nt1440
honestly, who cares?

but thats just me, i dont like when companies continue to reap profits off of the popularity of dead people (im tlkn about the randy rhodes models, and at dean for there never ending line of dimebag guitars)

how can you compare the few randy rhoads models to the like, 40 different overpriced dimebag deans?
Vikings? What Vikings? We are but poor, simple farmers. The village was burning when we got here, and the people must have slain themselves.
Quote by nt1440
honestly, who cares?

the rr series isnt a sig guitar series unlike the razorback
edit: also does no one have an answer to my question?
Quote by nt1440
honestly, who cares?

I don't really think it's fair to say Jackson reaps profit off of Randy Rhoads. How many people have even heard of him?

The guitar he designed was originally going to be called the Concord but was renamed as the Randy Rhoads tribute after his death.

Although I would have to agree with you about the whole Dimebag/Dean thing.

As for your question, I don't really know about any new Jacksons other than what I've seen on the internet. I'd ask the dude at your local guitar store. I really hope they come out with some fresh flavors.
Quote by nt1440
honestly, who cares?

Rhoads designed the guitar, and it was, in fact, the first jackson ever. It made them popular and they sell them to this day. half the kids buying RR's don't even know who Rhoads was. I've wanted one ever since I first started playing guitar, back then I couldn't give a flying fudge about Randy Rhoads. Most jackson models are named after the people who designed them.....I just don't happen to remember the names...but you get the point...

????? Kelly designed the Kelly
???? King designed the King V

So I don't think they are making money off of Rhandy Rhodes, they are just giving credit to the man that designed the instrument.

ANYWAYS, I heard that the new models will be introduced march-april, so hopefully very soon.
im srry, i should have looked a little further into the randy rhoads thing, i personally dont like jacksons, but i do respect they have some quality models

my statement still stands firmly for the Dean thing

and i do remember reading somewhere about the new 08 models... sry i cant be more helpful than that
Dude, to the guy that said the RR isn't a signature series, how the hell isn't it? It was his design, Jackson made it for him, whether he called it the Concord or not. It is a signature series.
yeah i check the website like every 5 minutes hoping for it to update but it never does. .
I would love a jackson rr, and I refuse to make any other contribution to this thread.
Quote by GeneralGrim
So we had a music battle, copying what each other did and upping the ante and whatnot. After awhile of going nowhere, I said to the pianist "let's see you do this, asshole" played a single note... and bent it up a step. And left.
Quote by Death Shred
Rhoads designed the guitar, and it was, in fact, the first jackson ever. It made them popular and they sell them to this day. half the kids buying RR's don't even know who Rhoads was. I've wanted one ever since I first started playing guitar, back then I couldn't give a flying fudge about Randy Rhoads. Most jackson models are named after the people who designed them.....I just don't happen to remember the names...but you get the point...

????? Kelly designed the Kelly
???? King designed the King V

So I don't think they are making money off of Rhandy Rhodes, they are just giving credit to the man that designed the instrument.

ANYWAYS, I heard that the new models will be introduced march-april, so hopefully very soon.

uhh
im just assuming you were being sarcastic there
wasnt the kelly just marty friedmans sig?
and no one named king designed the V
it was already a shape when jackson was made a company
but all of that^
was just in case you werent kidding
Vikings? What Vikings? We are but poor, simple farmers. The village was burning when we got here, and the people must have slain themselves.
Quote by martyr1130
Dude, to the guy that said the RR isn't a signature series, how the hell isn't it? It was his design, Jackson made it for him, whether he called it the Concord or not. It is a signature series.

No it isn't because he designed it. If say they put his name (signature) on a soloist that would be a signature guitar. Les Pauls aren't really Les' signature guitars they are just his creation, same idea.
Quote by nt1440
honestly, who cares?

How is Jackson reaping profits off of him? It's a model he designed. Without it, Jackson guitars would probably have never been created.

Quote by COBHC6
uhh
but all of that^

The Bradford Kelly was indeed used by Marty Friedman. And the Robbin King Crosby V was named after well...Robbin King Crosby.

Anyways...Here's what I can remember as of right now what the new models will be.

1. RR5FR (Yes, RR5 WITH a Floyd)
2. KV5
3. RR24M (Maple board)
Quote by COBHC6
how can you compare the few randy rhoads models to the like, 40 different overpriced dimebag deans?

seriously....the RR isnt even a signature series.

and NEW jacksons...i mean big freaking deal. the old jackson and the current jackson are amazing, so who cares if you get the new model or not (if they even come out with them).
Jackson KV2 USA Snow White/Black Bevels
Quote by COBHC6
uhh
but all of that^

are you a complete moron or were you "kidding"???

ever heard of Robbin King Crosby....its the goddamn Robbin King Crosby V.....

the BRADFORD kelly....

jesus man.
Quote by Bobbito315
No it isn't because he designed it. If say they put his name (signature) on a soloist that would be a signature guitar. Les Pauls aren't really Les' signature guitars they are just his creation, same idea.

using your logic.. only the ML's are dimes sigs, razorbacks are HIS CREATIONS.

i agree deans are overpriced but that doesnt mean theyre bad guitars. anyone who says they are, theyre lying.

Although i cant say id ever want to own a jackson RR... theyre quality guitars that will hold for years and are made from good materials. That being said, just not my kinds of guitars.

I love dean guitars, i love the necks on them, i love the ml/razorback shape and id get the guitars even if they didnt have dimes name on them. **** i like Dave mustaine more than i like dimebag darrell but you dont see me getting a King V or ESP axxion or is new dean model.

I have to say that Dean caddys are also sexylicious guitars imo

EDIT: And i also think that dean has enough of a fanbase to take dimes name off the guitars. Leave maybe the FBD and one or two razorbacks with his name on them. the rest should all be just normal ML's and razorbacks with the word "DIME" nowhere near them. I think dean can do it without going bankrupt, they have a reputation now and people know what to expect even without the word "DIME" on the guitar.

Quote by nvranka
are you a complete moron or were you "kidding"???

ever heard of Robbin King Crosby....its the goddamn Robbin King Crosby V.....

the BRADFORD kelly....

jesus man.

oh and you just owned him
Last edited by Ultimate_Gio92 at Mar 11, 2008,
Ultimate_Gio92, you just said everything I came here to say, you bastard! Now this post serves no purpose!

The Rhoads is the exact same as the Razorback in the "sig/not sig" discussion. Rhoads and Dime designed their respective guitars and neither got to play them before they died.

And yes- it's time to take Dime's name off those headstocks.
The RR isn't a true sig series, but without Rhoads, Grover Jackson would still be making guitars for Gibson. Rhoads essentially helped start the Jackson guitar company, and they are now one of the biggest brands in metal. I think that Jackson is allowed to sell guitars with Randy's name on it if he helped build it.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Quote by SG Man Forever
The RR isn't a true sig series, but without Rhoads, Grover Jackson would still be making guitars for Gibson. Rhoads essentially helped start the Jackson guitar company, and they are now one of the biggest brands in metal. I think that Jackson is allowed to sell guitars with Randy's name on it if he helped build it.

look, the thing is, no matter what we call it, its still a signature series, theres NOTHING wrong with a signature series guitar. it doesnt decrease its value or modify its playing ability. Fact is, its still a signature series. oh and btw im sure dime helped dean out alot by endorsing the guitars. sure he didnt practicaly start the company, but he helped alot... he deserves a signature series too. BUT dean does overdo it. Leave him 2 or 3 sigs... no more.

Quote by Pikka Bird
Ultimate_Gio92, you just said everything I came here to say, you bastard! Now this post serves no purpose!

The Rhoads is the exact same as the Razorback in the "sig/not sig" discussion. Rhoads and Dime designed their respective guitars and neither got to play them before they died.

And yes- it's time to take Dime's name off those headstocks.

hehe

Its time to take Dimes name off of MOST of those headstocks. Lets leave him something people. One ML and maybe one or two razorbacks... done. Id still buy the razorback without dimes name on it.
^I thought Jackson worked for Gibson... My bad!

But I do agree about Dean. They milk way too much off of Dimes popularity.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Last edited by SG Man Forever at Mar 11, 2008,
it is true, but I think people sometimes overdo the whole "bash on sig series" ordeal.
Quote by Ultimate_Gio92
its still a signature series

nonono.

THIS is his signature guitar;

the rhoads shape in general is not his signature series.

signature series refers to paintwork, specs, hardware etc actually used by the artist - for randy rhoads this only exists in the 25th anniversary tribute guitar, and obviously his originals.
On NO RR does it say Randy Rhoads. As a matter of fact the guitars are called RR. NOT Randy Rhoads.

Dimes are called Dimes and have his sig and face everywhere.
I'm pretty sure they are coming out with a Matt Tuck sig sometime soon. That's all I can think of.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Quote by hawking_hole
EVH actually used that shape before dimebag, thats where he got it...

The classic Dean shape or the Razorback?
Dean should have maybe 3 signature dime models, and maybe just one super expensive tribute model. Dean DOES overdo the dimebag thing, and I think it is safe to say most of their revenue comes from the MLs or the razorbacks. Whereas Jackson has the Dinkys, RRs, Soloist, and alot more, including my DR7T which I love.

I haven't heard of any new models and it seems Jackson isn't doing business as it has in the past, but I can't wait till the day they do.
This is straight from the Jackson/Charvel Forum. Looks like I'm the only one who's actually going to answer the question.

"new colors from Jackson

Agent Orange (burnt orange metallic)
Absynth Green (bright green metallic)
Silver Black Dragon (King Vs only I think)
Copperhead!!!!
SnakeSkin!!!!!!

and the new models

PD1 Demolition (looks great in person)
RR5FR (floyded rr5) available in april
RR24M (maple neck rr24) available in april
KV5 (has 22 frets neck through KV) available in april
SLS USA (spring)
SLSMG with new colors (snow white and green swirl) spring
SLS DUNCAN!! this is still a "maybe""
The PD1 is like a V, but with 2 small extra fins inside the fins I like it.
I don't think we can complain with the models. They continue to perfect them and the end of last year we got the RR24's.
Quote by Pott
On NO RR does it say Randy Rhoads. As a matter of fact the guitars are called RR. NOT Randy Rhoads.

Shut it. They are called Rhoads (not Randy Rhoads, sure, but Rhoads none the less), and there's nothing you can do about it. Proof?

Here.
I hope so. I really like Jackson. too bad they don't make any 7-strings (except for the COW, and I don't like it).
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
Quote by Ultimate_Gio92
using your logic.. only the ML's are dimes sigs, razorbacks are HIS CREATIONS.

i agree deans are overpriced but that doesnt mean theyre bad guitars. anyone who says they are, theyre lying.:

They aren't bad, but they aren't good either. Why spend that much on a guitar, when for the same price you can get something way better (Ibanez, Gibson, Jackson,) in the 1000$ Range.

In the 500$ range you can get a strat that will pwn any cleans of any dean ;p

Rr Jackson, was from Charvel at first, then they started to seperate into Jackson guitars (they moved to Chicago or something), I can't remember the rest of the story :P

Look it up on wikipedia.
Quote by Ventor
The PD1 is like a V, but with 2 small extra fins inside the fins

Sounds like The Dean V Razorback

Its kinda like the razorback. Its Phil Demmel of machine heads sig model. Google Demmelition V and youll find some pics of it. Its kinda like the razorback but it has small wings like the larger wing is almost as long as the short on on a razorback. I was looking at pics of phil with his and the body looks pretty small. Itll be awesome though cant wait to try one out.
Gear:
ESP LTD EC 1000 Black
Squier Satin Strat H-S-S
ENGL Fireball 60w Head
Orange 1x12 Cab with Vintage 30's.
Monster Cables
Dunlop Ultex Jazz 3s XL
Ernie Ball 54-11

heres something off the jackson news part of their website

This just in—don’t forget to tune into late night ABC yuk-fest Jimmy Kimmel Live on Wednesday, Feb. 27, to catch Jackson-wielding Brit metalcore heroes Bullet For My Valentine, especially since guitarist Matt Tuck is so partial to his beloved Jackson Randy Rhoads models.

Not to mention the fact that a little bird (well, a fierce metal-loving raptor-type little bird) told us that he might—just might—even be sporting a prototype of the forthcoming Jackson Matt Tuck signature model RR1T. But you didn’t hear that from us. You’ll just have to tune in to find out `...
Gear:
ESP LTD EC 1000 Black
Squier Satin Strat H-S-S
ENGL Fireball 60w Head
Orange 1x12 Cab with Vintage 30's.
Monster Cables
Dunlop Ultex Jazz 3s XL
Ernie Ball 54-11

Ooops ok they do call them Randy Rhoads... I'm on the JCF and never actually noticed. Seems I got pwned Sorry about that.

Still... much less RRs out there than Dimes, and again, it doesn't say RR, Rhoads nor Randy Rhoads on any of the models.
Matt Tuck of Bullet for my valentine has a new Jackson RR signature, he's using it on live shows as a prototype until they finalize the idea.
Jackson should give Adrian Smith of Iron Maiden a sig now that they endorse him.

But it would just be like his strats except for in a dinky body + jackson headstock.
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
Quote by nt1440
i dont like when companies continue to reap profits off of the popularity of dead people (im tlkn about the randy rhodes models, and at dean for there never ending line of dimebag guitars)

So that rules out Fender, Gibson well lets face it just about every company eventually!
Page 1 of 2