I'm Looking to get a new amp, right now I got a Les Paul Studio hook up just to a Crate FX120 amp, I really dont like it though horrible buzz when it gets loud and doesn't get the tone I want.Im looking for something to play Doom/Stoner type metal, something that has some good lows. Now my budget is a little small I'm looking to go $700 maybe more, also pedal suggestion would be cool too.I found another thread with the same question but it didn't really go for what I was wanting, I'm looking for more of a Sleep, The Sword,or Bongzilla type sound.TIA

Sleep
Here's Sleep
Last edited by derrick45123 at Mar 10, 2008,
bump before I leave

I've been looking at some more threads, and im looking at the VK112 but I read somewhere it's not really gritty sounding, but is there any pedals out there that can beef it up more, like whats in that sleep video.TIA
used 5150 combo
b52 at-212
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
I like my Valveking, but you really should try out amps and not go solely on internet opinions. Don't forget that some of the best deals are used.
Quote by uldhppi
I like my Valveking, but you really should try out amps and not go solely on internet opinions. Don't forget that some of the best deals are used.

Yea I was planing on going up to GC or sam ash in next few weeks but the closet ones are like 2 hours away so right now im just asking around, so when I go up im not there for 5 hours looking...but I could do that thou