Poll: Does Skinny = Successful?
Poll Options
View poll results: Does Skinny = Successful?
Yes
29 48%
No
32 52%
Voters: 61.
Page 1 of 2
Ok, so we have been set an essay at school, about a topic that the administrators think is relevant to teenage culture. I have to argue, whether or not i agree, that in this day and age Skinny Equals Successful using examples such as Kate Moss, Victoria Beckham, Gemma Ward, Miranda Kerr etc

does anyone have thoughts/suggestions on the matter?

cheers
Its Complicated
this time i think it might be
Triangulated
if that was completely true i would be a billionaire..oh you meant girls.
i need to hear some sounds that recognize the pain in me, yeah.
Well its better than being fat.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Yeah, I'd say that's a truth of our society. I wish it wasn't, but it is.
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
unfortunatly thats the way it seems, then again, look at the Woz man, hes rich as hell
Do you see any female famous millionaire movie stars that are overweight? No. I'd definitely say being skinny in necessary to be sucessful in the entertainment industry.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Quote by Kartman
Do you see any female famous millionaire movie stars that are overweight? No. I'd definitely say being skinny in necessary to be sucessful in the entertainment industry.

what about queen latifah and fat albert haha

hhaa and whoopi
1642 ELEPHANTS LIVE HERE

Bass Gear
Fender Deluxe Jazz Bass (Active Electronics) (MIM)
Ampeg SVT-7Pro Head
Ampeg SVT-610 Cab
It used to be if you were successful you were bigger to show you can eat. Now its the more rib cage you show, the better you are.
I think it has to do with good looks though, and skinny isnt always a part of it..though they can't be really fat, just chubby.

actually, to contradict myself, there are plenty of fat actresses, they play the best friend.
but do you think you'd be more successful if you were fat?
Its Complicated
Triangulated
its not a matter of successfulness, its more of being popular in the mass media.

there are very successful overwieght people, but they arent in the spotlight so ull never know about them

the only real way to be successful and obese is to be funny Ex. Jack Black
Quote by Kartman

Queen Latifah(sp )?? Many others I cba to name

Quote by Yikes
I'm pretty skinny...
I'm not sucessful.

Same ..we should go on strike
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
Back in the Renaissance and Midevial times, being fat was a sign of success. Tell them that.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
In girls, most definitely. In guys, not so much, but even still.

For the one episode of American Idol I have watched like 2 years ago, there was this INCREDIBLE singer, but they turned her down because of her weight. Im sorry, but thats such bull ****. This chick could sing the face off of anyone of those anorexic girls.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
queen latifah or whatever, she's larger. Aretha franklin.
oprah, she's a hell of a lot richer than the people you mentioned.
john candy was fat. biggie.

the kool aid man. case closed.
Quote by skater dan0
...and the bassist comes up to the EQ and moves all the sliders into the typical smiley face pattern and in a really thick Jamaican accent said "you can't have de bass without de smiley face"
theres like, 5 fat celebrities as opposed to 60billion skinny ones
Its Complicated
Triangulated
yeah, unfortunately skinny = succesful
BUT I don't think being skinny makes people be better than big people. just, more popular.

"When I die, I want people to play my music, go wild and freak out and do anything they want to do." - Jimi Hendrix

"A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality." - John Lennon

I'm a GIRL!
its better than being fat, but i can't stand it when i see a girl whos RIDICULOUSLY skinny. it almost makes me feel bad for them. starving themselves and **** only to look terrible. stay natural weight girls.... not obese, not skinny.....FIT/TONED are the words im looking for.
Being successful and being a celebrity are totally different.

And besides, Jaba the Hutt was the man. He was fat. And equal to George Lucas' idea of a dragon.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Always outnumbered, never outgunned...
Quote by TagRingo
queen latifah or whatever, she's larger. Aretha franklin.
oprah, she's a hell of a lot richer than the people you mentioned.
john candy was fat. biggie.

the kool aid man. case closed.

Those are all token fat people, used by the media to avoid lawsuits from the NAAFP (National Association for the Advancement of Fat People).
Quote by Wulphy
Well its better than being fat.

It's true. I HATE when people complain that they're skinny.

As for the point, I disagree. Calling the Hollywood successfuls "skinny" is a disgusting disgrace to skinny people. You have to be starving and suffering to be successful. How can ANYONE find these people attractive?
i, for one, get weird looks when i go out for meals because i am skinny and people expect me to not eat or something. i eat when im hungry, do no exercise, i just happen to have a fast metabolism and a small body type.
Its Complicated
Triangulated
Quote by synpet713192
It's true. I HATE when people complain that they're skinny.

As for the point, I disagree. Calling the Hollywood successfuls "skinny" is a disgusting disgrace to skinny people. You have to be starving and suffering to be successful. How can ANYONE find these people attractive?

you have never been as skinny as me. honestly, its more acceptable to people to make fun of skinniness than fat. also it is easier to lose weight for a person like me, than losing.
its not socially acceptable to go up to some random in the street or the mall or whatever and go, wow, you're really fat. Perhaps you should diet?

so why is it socially acceptable to go up to some random in the street or the mall or whatever and go, wow, eat something you anorexic b*tch
Its Complicated
Triangulated
Quote by Kartman
Do you see any female famous millionaire movie stars that are overweight? No.

Quote by Thea.<3
its not socially acceptable to go up to some random in the street or the mall or whatever and go, wow, you're really fat. Perhaps you should diet?

so why is it socially acceptable to go up to some random in the street or the mall or whatever and go, wow, eat something you anorexic b*tch

Because "someone get that bitch a sammich" is much more funny.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
OPRAH ANYONE?
shes a beast of a woman and i think the richest
~ Purchase your tickets; I'm kicking your crosses down ~
Quote by Thea.<3

wow..we think too much alike..*high five*
sure its funny, but thats how you start disorders.
or even people like me, who eat like a effin horse and just dont get fat. well i am sorry! but im not going to be fat just because you dont like skinny
Its Complicated
Triangulated
Quote by Paquijón
I Wish.

EDIT: Oh, this topic is only concerning women...

what?
Its Complicated
Triangulated
Quote by Powerhouse

I don't know who that is, or if it's just a good picture, but it's proof that one doesn't have to be skinny to be attractive

That picture = ****ing hot
Quote by 12epi345
wow..we think too much alike..*high five*

lol *high fives back with a gracious nod *
Its Complicated
Triangulated
Quote by Thea.<3
sure its funny, but thats how you start disorders.
or even people like me, who eat like a effin horse and just dont get fat. well i am sorry! but im not going to be fat just because you dont like skinny

And what eating disorder does someone get from being called to skinny? Excuse me?

Please, find something besides weight to bitch about because in some countries people don't get a choice to be skinny. They starve.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Quote by REPOMAN
I don't know who that is, or if it's just a good picture, but it's proof that one doesn't have to be skinny to be attractive

That picture = ****ing hot

Are you serious?
is that...raven? when did she get fat?
Quote by i have to pee
And what eating disorder does someone get from being called to skinny? Excuse me?

Please, find something besides weight to bitch about because in some countries people don't get a choice to be skinny. They starve.

eating disorders can start with the smallest things, especially being singled out about your weight.
do some research before you get up on your high horse

if you'd actually read the first post you'll notice i said its for an assignment, and i have to argue it whether i agree or not.

now would you like a hand to get down off your soapbox?
Its Complicated
Triangulated
Quote by Thea.<3
eating disorders can start with the smallest things, especially being singled out about your weight.
do some research before you get up on your high horse

if you'd actually read the first post you'll notice i said its for an assignment, and i have to argue it whether i agree or not.

now would you like a hand to get down off your soapbox?

1. So, because someone calls you too skinny you are going to become bulimic? That makes sense...
2. The assignment is complete bull**** because if it was "argue" you could take either side.
3. ???
4. my troll is profit
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Page 1 of 2