Evening all,

I really need help with something. I have been writing my own music now for 6 years or so. I have also been playing guitar for longer as well. It has come to a stage now where im thinking 'i like my music that much that i want to do things and make changes to it. Because im all solo, i dont have the resources to learn, play, and record drums, keyboards, bass etc.

I was wondering if anyone can suggest any good music recording software to put on computers, where i can record from my amp, and add multitracks, such as bass and drums.

My three questions are...

Any suggestions for software,
What exactly do i need to record from guitar to computer, (cables, usb etc)
And rough prices.

Thanks a bunch, you guys are great...

Much love and thanks,,

mr us and them
and the general sat, and the lines on the map, moved from side to side.
i would suggest the line 6 toneport ux1

its goes thru the usb can record anything as for the other stuff no clue

oh and the toneport goes for about $130
What exactly do i need to record from guitar to computer, (cables, usb etc)

there are many interfaces you can use one thing you have to check is if the interface would give you latency. lantency is when you play something then you hear it later after you played it l you want to avoid that since it makes recording a little difficult

the 3 most common type of interfaces are
usb
firewire
and audio card

the fastest is an audiocard but if you can't get that then get the firewire since the transfer rate is better than usb

Any suggestions for software,

software there are thousands of applications but the one i want to get if i had money or if i knew where to download it >_< is sequel it looks easy to use and the interface looks very friendly

http://www.steinberg.net/1301+M52087573ab0.html

More than 5000 loops from world-class producers included, covering popular styles like Hip-Hop, R&B, Dance, Electronic, Pop, Metal, World, and many more

it has a few loops so you could use those

i dont have the resources to learn, play, and record drums, keyboards, bass etc.

well there are many things yo ucan do for this part get backing tracks and put them in the program or you can get the other programs that you can use to make bass parts and drums as well as keyboard

another option is getting a digitech whammy pedal using the lower octave setting and you could record some bass parts with that since it makes your guitar sound like a bass

And rough prices.

for the prices it depends up to you check if it has the features you want make sure you get a good interface like firewire or pci if possible check for connections and check with what programs you can use the interface if possible get one designed for your program
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Dunlop SW-95 Slash Wah Pedal
Cordoba C7 Nylon String Acoustic Guitar
Metal muff
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster Ash