K, every video I have seen of this guy I notice that on his 12-string its missing the smaller g-string, so i geuss its actually an 11-string. anybody know why?
Gear:
Hagstrom Viking cherry
Crate B15 bass amp
Squier SQ MB-5 5-String Bass
Epi Valve Junior head
Russian Muff
FAB Chorus

I HAVE THE RED PUBIS
Yeah, he doesn't like the way it sounds.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
It has 11 tuners too, so I think that specific guitar could be made that way. The thin 'G' string on 12 strings are prone to breaking, so lots of people take them off anyway for soloing.
||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----
ha I didn't notice the tuners, well thanks
Gear:
Hagstrom Viking cherry
Crate B15 bass amp
Squier SQ MB-5 5-String Bass
Epi Valve Junior head
Russian Muff
FAB Chorus

I HAVE THE RED PUBIS
From an interview with him:

Your “12-string” guitars are only strung with 11 strings. Which string isn’t used?

The high G string. It used to break all the time back in the early days, so I got used to playing without it. I would replace it when I’d get new strings, but I wound up not liking the sound. I want my guitars to be warm and even sounding, and having a string that’s tuned higher than the high E right in the middle of the guitar makes the tone quite treble-y. The 12-string is a pretty versatile instrument—especially when you take the high G off. It can sound like a 6-string, a banjo, or, sometimes, like four guitars playing at once, with all the overtones and the Marshall going.
It's because 12 strings cannot handle John Butler.

But yeah, he just takes it all off, tuner and all
It helps a lot. That G-string is pointless, and doesn't sound great.
I take mine off, but I've heard of a few people that just put a normal gauge g string so the tuning runs

eE aA dD GG BB EE