I can only play it perfect when I play it really slowly. So, I'll just keep practicing it slowly and eventully I'll be able to play it fast, right?
That's the idea.
do you own a metronome?
If so, put the metronome at a tempo at which you can play the solo,
and gradually bump up the numbers.

like one week put it at 120 (as an example)
then the next week put it at 125.
and so on.

if you dont own a metronome, you could always use one online.
Yep...and congratulations. Learning to finally play a solo is a big accomplishment that should bring you a lot of pride in your playing. Keep at it man!
Stevie Y of the GO WINGS club. PM me with a title to join.

The following statement is false. The preceding statement is true.

Member #20 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join.
Yes
Quote by Kurt-Corgan
In gr.8 we got into purple nurples so much that the school would suspend anyone they saw doing it. We had really good aim.
i just learned the beginning to the Stairway to Heaven solo, and i feel like a beast. Of course, thats not very hard from what i hear.
^For some people it is. I remember how much trouble I had playing the descend after the beginning bend. I would practice it for hours and never get it right up to speed.

Interesting thing is, learning a solo that challenges your technique is one of the best things you can do for your playing. The two weeks I spent learning the Stairway to Heaven solo helped me out more than two months worth of practicing scales.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Sometimes it can feel like you are plateau-ing at a certain speed. If you keep at it, you can experience sudden bursts of increased accurate speed.

If metronomes seem dull, you can download software that allows you to slow down songs without changing the pitch, to make it easier to play along and tab it out (e.g. Transcribe! is the one I use).
Im trying to learn Dont Cry and Nothing Else Matters solo.

I dont know how these solos are considered easy !!
Quote by Steve BP
Sometimes it can feel like you are plateau-ing at a certain speed. If you keep at it, you can experience sudden bursts of increased accurate speed.

If metronomes seem dull, you can download software that allows you to slow down songs without changing the pitch, to make it easier to play along and tab it out (e.g. Transcribe! is the one I use).

is transribe the software? where can I download it?
Last edited by tkdfighter at Mar 14, 2008,