Page 1 of 2
In the past this word has been used to describe moments of great kindness and selfelessness, referring to being humane as the idea that most of the human population are good people.

But now, i think over half the earth's population are evil, twisted sons of bitches, so should the meaning of this word be used to describe bad thing instead of good?

PS... dileriumbassist, SYK, jackal58, all banned form this thread as i havn't done my research and don't feel like being mindraped.
where do u get the idea that over half the population is evil, the truth is the VAST majority of people are all good, even if they have conflicting beliefs or customs from you. i think you may just be generalizing due to the fact that any bad you see in life will stick in you mind better, because it is out of the realms of "normal"

there is good all around us, people just have a habit of focusing too much on the negative
freedoms stain out to

and to nt1440 i was refering to the world as a whole, people get worse everyday.

Look at how pointless most of our wars are and how many people are in it.

Look at how many people are in bad countries. etc.
It already is. Example:

"The Ebola virus could wipe out humanity, as shown by Dustin Hoffman in that third trimester abortion of a movie Outbreak"

"Superman has defeated Lex Luthor, thus saving humanity."

"Humanity" is a word used to describe the entire population of humans, be it good or bad.

Wait did you want the word "humane" or "humanity"? I'm a bit mislead.
How I wish, how I wish
That the world, that the world
Had just one
THROAT
And my fingers were around it

Literature thread
Quote by maccas666
freedoms stain out to

and to nt1440 i was refering to the world as a whole, people get worse everyday.

Look at how pointless most of our wars are and how many people are in it.

Look at how many people are in bad countries. etc.

i was refering to the world as a whole too, and i am strongly agains this war

however, there is no such thing as a BAD COUNTRY only the occasion bad person, who stands out from the rest, if the country is lead by a horrible person it does not make a country bad, it ESPECIALLY doesnt make its citizens bad.

people as a whole are generally good, loving, and caring

its the few bad seeds that get the attention and give everyone else a bad name
Quote by freedoms_stain
apparently so, I've been banned

its alright, i unban you, because i love reading your opinons

you seem to be a really logic driven person, which i really respect
Quote by Von.
It already is. Example:

"The Ebola virus could wipe out humanity, as shown by Dustin Hoffman in that third trimester abortion of a movie Outbreak"

"Humanity" is a word used to describe the entire population of humans, be it good or bad.

This guy is on the track of what i lead to believe humanity is, as a whole.

GOod or bad, we are mostly bad, thus fering to humanity can come in any way.

I'm unsure if i was uot of line with humane though.
Quote by nt1440
its alright, i unban you, because i love reading your opinons

you seem to be a really logic driven person, which i really respect

Cool, because I want to comment on Von's comment
Quote by Von.
It already is. Example:

I think you hit the nail on the head really.

It's kind of like what I said where it refers to the human nature to be social and do things for each other etc.

If someone does something abhorrent we wouldn't call it humane, we'd call it "beastly" or "barbaric" because those aren't in keeping with being "social".
Quote by nt1440
i was refering to the world as a whole too, and i am strongly agains this war

however, there is no such thing as a BAD COUNTRY only the occasion bad person, who stands out from the rest, if the country is lead by a horrible person it does not make a country bad, it ESPECIALLY doesnt make its citizens bad.

people as a whole are generally good, loving, and caring

its the few bad seeds that get the attention and give everyone else a bad name

But it seems lately that bad seeds have been overpowering the good.

Everywhere you look it's violence and hate, hell even childrens cartoons think the mexican are worth nothing more than to be maids.
hu·man·i·ty /hyuˈmænɪti or, often, yu-/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[hyoo-man-i-tee or, often, yoo-] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun, plural -ties.
1. all human beings collectively; the human race; humankind.
2. the quality or condition of being human; human nature.
3. the quality of being humane; kindness; benevolence.

Primary definition (which is also what I thought) means the word 'humanity' envelopes the human race as a whole, even though characteristics of kindness and benevolence also share this term. I feel the collective is the more accurate definition of the word
Quote by JackFlash19
hu·man·i·ty /hyuˈmænɪti or, often, yu-/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[hyoo-man-i-tee or, often, yoo-] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun, plural -ties.

Primary definition (which is also what I thought) means the word 'humanity' envelopes the human race as a whole, even though characteristics of kindness and benevolence also share this term. I feel the collective is the more accurate definition of the word

THANK YOU!

That is exactly the style of meaning i was going by.

difention number 1, overpowering 2 & 3.
Quote by maccas666
But it seems lately that bad seeds have been overpowering the good.

Everywhere you look it's violence and hate, hell even childrens cartoons think the mexican are worth nothing more than to be maids.

everwhere you look in the MEDIA, its no secret that negativity sells

ive hardly seen any feel good stories on the news since 9/11 and thats because ratings are higher than ever when they are just spouting negativity and fear to people

you need to look at the good you see around you in everyday life, it far outwieghs the bad seeds you just need to look harder because we are so jaded to the good in the world
Quote by JackFlash19
I feel the collective is the more accurate definition of the word

Makes us sound like the Borg.

Resistance is futile (now give us your oil).
Quote by nt1440
everwhere you look in the MEDIA, its no secret that negativity sells

ive hardly seen any feel good stories on the news since 9/11 and thats because ratings are higher than ever when they are just spouting negativity and fear to people

you need to look at the good you see around you in everyday life, it far outwieghs the bad seeds you just need to look harder because we are so jaded to the good in the world

I wasn't referring only to the media, i have completely ignored them even knowing they are having a horrible effect on our youth. I go downt he street, i see so many people arguing, fighting, threatning, etc, no good reason at all, i go to internet, no good people here, it's a belief of mine that well over 50% of the earth is made up of bad people.

EDIT: probably shouldn't f used internet as an example, but we all know how many ****ed up people are here.
Last edited by maccas666 at Mar 11, 2008,
Quote by maccas666
I wasn't referring only to the media, i have completely ignored them even knowing they are having a horrible effect on our youth. I go downt he street, i see so many people arguing, fighting, threatning, etc, no good reason at all, i go to internet, no good people here, it's a belief of mine that well over 50% of the earth is made up of bad people.

well, im srry that you cant see all the positive there is in the world too, people may fight and cause conflicts, but very few are actually out to cause harm and impact others lives negatively, i see good everyday in hospitals, schools, hell just people being people

but i guess you really have to be in that mindset to appreciate it, i do admit that if looked at from afar, the world does seem to be a terrible place

if we could see the good in others, ourselves, and all people the world would be a much better place

and with those words im off to bed cheers
Do you have any evidence or statistical reasoning to back your assertion that more than half of all people are evil?

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by nt1440
well, im srry that you cant see all the positive there is in the world too, people may fight and cause conflicts, but very few are actually out to cause harm and impact others lives negatively, i see good everyday in hospitals, schools, hell just people being people

but i guess you really have to be in that mindset to appreciate it, i do admit that if looked at from afar, the world does seem to be a terrible place

if we could see the good in others, ourselves, and all people the world would be a much better place

and with those words im off to bed cheers

Oh i see the positive, and am quite a happy person, but i still think there is more evil than good, anyway goodnight.
Quote by Xiaoxi
Do you have any evidence or statistical reasoning to back your assertion that more than half of all people are evil?

shhhhh hes already said he didnt do research, thats why he banned the typical supporters of reaseach lol
I think this discussion can be ended on the fact that the evil is more often reported to us than the good.
i need to hear some sounds that recognize the pain in me, yeah.
Depends on your definition of evil.

There's alot of greed, and people who're willing to s hit on everyone else to get "more".

Some might see that as evil.
Quote by JackFlash19
–noun, plural -ties.

Ohhh okay. Those are usages of the word "humanity" I was not previously aware of.

Historically speaking, there's always been more inherently bad people. Grounds to have altered the meaning of the word should've been a long time ago, if ever.

Let's take the word "delicious", referring to something tasting very good. The balance of edible things you may find delicious is probably dwarfed by the things you find to be bad tasting. Should we make "delicious" mean "bad tasting" if it's the majority?

I hope that made sense, I'm not bothering to re-read.
How I wish, how I wish
That the world, that the world
Had just one
THROAT
And my fingers were around it

Literature thread
I only started this thread for an argument i would ultimately lose, but i actually ended up with a new perspective. Thanks guys.
Quote by maccas666
I only started this thread for an argument i would ultimately lose, but i actually ended up with a new perspective. Thanks guys.

glad to help
Quote by nt1440
shhhhh hes already said he didnt do research, thats why he banned the typical supporters of reaseach lol

Well then it is pretty pointless if he is making this assertion based on a very limited and probably biased view.

It's like saying because I had bad experiences with Haagen-Dazs ice cream, which I hate, I'm going to conclude that all ice cream must suck. It's just inaccurate.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by 12epi345
I think this discussion can be ended on the fact that the evil is more often reported to us than the good.

YOU again?????

lol thanks for summing up my lengthy posts in an easy to understand manner, apparantly i suck at that
Quote by Xiaoxi
Well then it is pretty pointless if he is making this assertion based on a very limited and probably biased view.

It's like saying because I had bad experiences with Haagen-Dazs ice cream, which I hate, I'm going to conclude that all ice cream must suck. It's just inaccurate.

yes weve been over this (kinda) and i share your view, but TS just stated he has a new view now, and his original post was kind of half hearted, you could tell he didnt truly believe that 100%
Quote by nt1440
yes weve been over this (kinda) and i share your view, but TS just stated he has a new view now, and his original post was kind of half hearted, you could tell he didnt truly believe that 100%

Yea, but his original complaint is that the word "humanity" has a positive connotation that is undeserved because humanity, as a whole (more than half), is evil. I'd say he wasn't so much as half-hearted as it was more quarter-assed.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
Yea, but his original complaint is that the word "humanity" has a positive connotation that is undeserved because humanity, as a whole (more than half), is evil. I'd say he wasn't half-hearted. More like quarter-assed.

lol alright u got a point there, and witty too

i have a feeling im going to like you
Quote by nt1440

Mostly curiousity really.
Quote by nt1440
lol alright u got a point there, and witty too

i have a feeling im going to like you

Whatever tickles your fancy.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by maccas666
In the past this word has been used to describe moments of great kindness and selfelessness, referring to being humane as the idea that most of the human population are good people.

But now, i think over half the earth's population are evil, twisted sons of bitches, so should the meaning of this word be used to describe bad thing instead of good?

PS... dileriumbassist, SYK, jackal58, all banned form this thread as i havn't done my research and don't feel like being mindraped.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_nature

yes, booth good an evil actions are human nature
Quote by Xiaoxi
Yea, but his original complaint is that the word "humanity" has a positive connotation that is undeserved because humanity, as a whole (more than half), is evil. I'd say he wasn't so much as half-hearted as it was more quarter-assed.

I just read that, i lol'd.
Quote by Xiaoxi
Whatever tickles your fancy.

lol i didnt mean like in that way

i just meant theres a few on this site that i respect for their intelligence and you may soon be one of them
There's intelligence on this site?

I thought we were inhabited by the under-developed fetus' from abortions.
Page 1 of 2