I know i posted twice.. but wasn't getting any bites in the Electric guitar section..

I'm wanting to replace the Licensed Floyd in my ESP with an Ibanez Edge Pro i can get a really good deal on. I've heard its not a direct fit, so i was wanting to know what needed to be done to make it fit.. Or is it a direct replacement?

Thanks for the help..
not sure, but i do prefer the edge tremelos over FRL. FRL are overrated. Kahler trems are nice, but i know that requires some work on most models i imagine
You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not
Quote by party_on_wayne
not sure, but i do prefer the edge tremelos over FRL. FRL are overrated. Kahler trems are nice, but i know that requires some work on most models i imagine

Im with ya on that... I dont like the way floyds feel or the way you tighten the stings. Ibanez's method is much easier and less wear and tear on the trem, also less rust build up..
Quote by James_Het_Rules
Make it easier on yourself, you said its the floyd that has the mileage on it, so buy a new floyd rose and save your self any risk of screwing the guitar up new floyds are about 160 bucks.

I can get a Ibanez RG with the Edge Pro in it for $150.00 then take out the pro pop in the Licensed and sell the RG for $150 or more. So Free is cheaper then 160... And I repair and work on guitars as a side job so doing the setup/route isn't a issue. But if i have to mess with the tremolo studs i don't want to mess with it...
An RG with an Edge Pro for $150? That's less than the bridge itself! Be sure it's not the edge III or trs. Otherwise buy it regardless the price is just too good.
Measure the distance between the bridge posts. If it's the same for both bridges, then you can do it. You might eed to "slightly" rout out the trem cavity for the Edge--but it's no big deal.