Hey y'all, I just hopped upon the Bugera train. I've been looking at em for about a month now, checking out reviews and sound clips and such, and i bought a 6262 head. Now i've got up to 4 weeks to wait for it to get here, and im gonna need a speaker cab.

I've been thinking about going for a 2x12, because I dont really have the necessity for anything larger. 2x12s are kinda limited around here however though...there is a store near here that carries Laney 4x12s though. How are their cabs? Specifically the ones that come with their "tube-enabled" or "valvestate" (or whatever Laneys name for "fancy-sounding solid state" is) heads?

Thanks a lot!
a guy told me that the tremolo bar was called the "distortionator"
the lionheart cabs should be pretty good (but relatively expensive), and probably wouldn't cover enough wattage. only other laney cab (new, anyway) which i'm aware of with good speakers is the tt cab. it's pretty decent. i'd say it's a decent to good cab, but you can do better if you're willing to fork out more cash.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yeah, thats kinda the reason i've been looking moreso at 212s...money's an object here.
a guy told me that the tremolo bar was called the "distortionator"
are you in the UK? if you aren't, there are probably better value options (and even if you are, something like a framus cs 2x12 with v30s is around £200 from thomann, which is about as cheap as you can get for a decent-quality 2x12 with decent speakers. I haven't tried that framus, though. But i hear generally good things...).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Unless you HAVE to buy new, just eBay yourself a used Marshall cab.. You can't really go wrong there.. They're great quality and there are loads of them always for sale which makes them cheap to buy used, then if you don't like the speakers you can change them down the track and the stock G12T75s sell for decent money used aswell to make your money back on the speakers you put in..

Worked for me.. I sold the 2 G12T75 speakers out of my 1936 for the same price that I payed for the whole cabinet (found a gret bargain for it on eBay).. Then I bought some used Celestion greenbacks and wired them in there and I love it.

Especially if you don't mind how the cab looks, lots of people won't buy a cab with ripped tolex etc. so that makes the beat up ones sell even cheaper.. It doesn't affect the sound at all though. Mine is pretty ripped and worn but it still sounds great and (oh god so cliche..) gives it some extra mojo in the looks department.