Hey guys, this might not be the right place for this and if it isn't let me know. I have been wanting to start tuning to - Drop Bb (Bb F Bb Eb G C).

I have read a lot of posts about tuning to this by ear, and frankly I suck at tuning by ear. I have a cheap Seiko ST737 tuner and I use it to go as far down as Drop C but that is all the settings that it has. Is there anyway that I can use this tuner to go on down to Drob Bb? I also have a Korg AX1500G Effects Board that has a built in tuner in it. Or do I need to buy a different tuner? If you guys can help me I would greatly appreciate it.
Quote by jedi_jackson
Hey guys, this might not be the right place for this and if it isn't let me know. I have been wanting to start tuning to - Drop Bb (Bb F Bb Eb G C).

I have read a lot of posts about tuning to this by ear, and frankly I suck at tuning by ear. I have a cheap Seiko ST737 tuner and I use it to go as far down as Drop C but that is all the settings that it has. Is there anyway that I can use this tuner to go on down to Drob Bb? I also have a Korg AX1500G Effects Board that has a built in tuner in it. Or do I need to buy a different tuner? If you guys can help me I would greatly appreciate it.

If that tuning is just 1 step down (or 2) from drop c...then fret all the strings at the 1st (or 2nd) fret and tune that string to the according "Drop C" tuning.

It works that way, even if your tuner doesn't :P

Bb = C
F = G
Bb = C
Eb = F
G = A
C = D

and then tune the flats accordingly
07' Gibson LIMITED EDITION Classic w/Emg's (replaced with Blackouts)
Jackson RR3
Peavey 6505+ Head
CryBaby
Ibanez TS9DX Tube Screamer
ISP DECIMATOR
MXR-10 EQ

www.myspace.com/dispozal
Last edited by Calgary_Rocker at Mar 11, 2008,
I think I've got it. Since Drop Bb is a full step down from Drop C all I have to do is fret all the strings on the first fret and tune to Drop C correct? And that should take care of the flats also right? My tuners has 3 settings standard, b, and bb. I use the bb setting to go to drop C. If this is not correct, please set me straight. Thanks again!
Quote by jedi_jackson
I think I've got it. Since Drop Bb is a full step down from Drop C all I have to do is fret all the strings on the first fret and tune to Drop C correct? And that should take care of the flats also right? My tuners has 3 settings standard, b, and bb. I use the bb setting to go to drop C. If this is not correct, please set me straight. Thanks again!

Fret on 2nd fret. Bb is a full step down from C
Quote by eli22
Get a chromatic tuner.

inb4me

I was going to say that.