Page 1 of 3
i know this would be better in the hardcore forum but i just wanna know how many punks enjoy new school hardcore ala bane, comeback kid, have heart, verse, etc.
I like some of the modern melodic hardcore
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
It's practically all I listen to.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
I think too much of it is just a copy of old hardcore and is based too much on wanting to be hardcore instead of actually having a something to say.
not all of them are political. but it isnt copying old hardcore. its influences are obviously from 80s hardcore and stuff.
i think most hardcore sucks, so i guess i have no positive opinion of it...
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
Quote by mike2
i think most hardcore sucks, so i guess i have no positive opinion of it...

agreed....

I don't think any of these New hardcore bands have anything exciting to say...

none of these bands got the awesomness of the original hardcore punk
I love all forms of Rock 'n' Roll, past and NOT present
I enjoy modern hardcore like Abandon Ship, Outbreak, Government Warning . Basically bands that keep it simple and fast. No chuggy beatdowns and gangster flex. Old school stylee
Tough guy hardcore and all that is intensely boring live and not much better on record.
It's alright. I try not to listen to it too much though. I'm worried I might think it's a good idea to shave my head and buy a fitted cap and some shorts.
Quote by Mav-16
agreed....

none of these bands got the awesomness of the original hardcore punk

i don't even like alot of old hardcore. just like DOA, reagan youth, dead kennedys, black flag and MDC...i think bad brains and minor threat suck hard.
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
Don't like new school hardcore at all. I know it's not all violent straightedge stupid stuff, but a lot of it seems to be. Fuck violence and all that stuff. It's so stupid, just let people enjoy the music.

/rant.
Quote by Mav-16
agreed....

Sure they do. They say all sorts of exciting things, like

BRACEWAR! *

In my opinion, going to see bands like Ambitions, Hostage Calm, Ceremony, etc is much more fun than sitting around listening to old punk bands that will probably never play a show again.
Quote by Manos15
...and Hostage Calm are some of my favorites.

Hostage Calm is one of my favorites, too. It's just a shame that the mic cuts out at every ****ing show.
My style is impetuous.
I want your heart.

-Mike Tyson
Last edited by IlikeTheSKA at Mar 11, 2008,
I like lots of newer hardcore. I also like metalcore a lot, aswell.
And clenching your fist for the ones like us
Who are oppressed by the figures of beauty,
You fixed yourself, you said, "Well, never mind,
We are ugly, but we have the music."
i like ambitions' ep but their full length i didnt like, too much clean singing.

its not violent at hardcore shows, its just really intense and energetic, you wont have time to catch a breather once you step in the mosh pit.

there are still some modern bands who keep it old school like career suicide or ceremony
Quote by recklessnick
i like ambitions' ep but their full length i didnt like, too much clean singing.

its not violent at hardcore shows, its just really intense and energetic, you wont have time to catch a breather once you step in the mosh pit.

there are still some modern bands who keep it old school like career suicide or ceremony

I saw Career Suicide on Saturday. They rawked the hizzle.
I actually think we need more bands like Career Suicide.

Their show had the energy of a new school hardcore show, but without any 2-stepping and not as many fitted caps. It was awesome.
Quote by FuzzyBear
actually i dont know why but i really really like stretch armstrong, i love for the record so much

aw yeah, i like stretch arm strong too ^^ comback kid, have heart....
soymilk please <3
i make posts with 10 or 15 new awesome hardore band who play music like career suicide, and other old good stuff. and i dont think ayone checks them

i hate most 'new' sounding stuff.
check out these guys Despite it All

http://www.myspace.com/despiteitallmusic

Southshore Hardcore
Propaganda does not deceive people; it merely helps them to deceive themselves-Eric Hoffer

Quote by GannonBracewell

CBGB wants to be famous like the others such as Green Day and Offspring. They don't want to be a underground punk band.
anyone knows where to find lyrics for career suicide's songs?

and a breakdown or a singalong bridge wont hurt will it
blitzkrieg bop had a hardcore sing a long intro too
I love Comback Kid with the exception of the new album, I was let down by that one. Bane's alright, so is Terror. And if you could call them Hardcore, I guess Maylene and the Sons of Disaster.
If morning's a bitch with open arms, night's a girl who's gone too far.

OMGWTFBBQ
Quote by Berlioz97
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! this sort of baloney has taken over every local scene in California.

I do think Comeback Kid is okay though.

yep. I live in California too

every new hardcore band SUCKS
I love all forms of Rock 'n' Roll, past and NOT present
Quote by Mav-16
yep. I live in California too

every new hardcore band SUCKS

The hardcore coming out of California now (bands like Ceremony, Graf Orlock, Comadre, etc) are better than the hardcore the used to come out of California.

But that's just my opinion. I can't stand bands like Black Flag or Dead Kennedys.
My style is impetuous.
I want your heart.

-Mike Tyson
Last edited by IlikeTheSKA at Mar 13, 2008,
Page 1 of 3