I've heard that those two amps have different sounds. What would be the pros and cons of each one?
"There's Jimmy Page, the greatest thief of American black music who ever walked the earth."
-Homer Simpson
Last edited by blues-guitarist at Mar 11, 2008,
It's not a Rocker 50, it's a Rockerverb 50

They are voiced quite similarly, the 50 has a bit more gain, but it's nothing too much imo. The biggest differences are in the features. The 50 has an effects loop, reverb, and a separate 2 band EQ for the clean channel (while the 30 has no EQ for the clean channel).
Quote by whoismilan
It's not a Rocker 50, it's a Rockerverb 50

They are voiced quite similarly, the 50 has a bit more gain, but it's nothing too much imo. The biggest differences are in the features. The 50 has an effects loop, reverb, and a separate 2 band EQ for the clean channel (while the 30 has no EQ for the clean channel).

oh lol, my bad...do you think the extra features are worth it the $500 difference between the two?
"There's Jimmy Page, the greatest thief of American black music who ever walked the earth."
-Homer Simpson
If you're planning on having that amp for a long time, $500 ain't ****.
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
i say the rockerverb is nicer in my opinion... the effects loop is more useful then you would think at first glance, and there is a bit more headroom(which is good imo, but bad for some)
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
Quote by latinosuperstud
i say the rockerverb is nicer in my opinion... the effects loop is more useful then you would think at first glance, and there is a bit more headroom(which is good imo, but bad for some)

if i get the rockerverb i'm gonna be using it with a attenuator so, do you think it'll still sound better (with the attenuator) than the rocker 30?
-Homer Simpson
Hi Guys,

I use both of these amps. My AD30C is the Ltd Solid Pine one but it is little difference from the normal one and the RK50 is the standard. They are both Combos.

I have recently put a review of both of these amps on my site www.soundunlimited.co.uk

Both amps are truly "Orange" in sound but different..

AD30s tend to give a crunchier and slightly older sound, think of "Free" era. The Valve rectification gives a fantastic compression and when turned up to 7 it sings!

Rockerverb 50s still have the crunch although it is slight softer/sweeter and gives a chime which the AD30 doesn't have. It can also be pushed towards the more modern sounds as there is more gain available and mids don't break up as much.

The main reason the Rockerverb 50 is more expensive is the Effects return, Reverb and Valve Protection. If you do not have a need for any of these feature then the AD30 may be a better bet anyway.

It is a tough choice but Jimmy Page had the entire range taken to him and he chose the AD30. It was also the first amp I fell in love with and I will never sell it!

I gig with these amps week in week out, I don't use any effects. Just a Les Paul and a lead... If you have any questions I would be more than happy to answer.

Rich
IMO the Rocker 30 has a bit murkier of a sound. Like QOTSA. They have a real straight up Orange type tone.
Quote by tarlkea
When I say offensive I mean offensive like dressing up as superman in a wheel chair offensive, not penis suit offensive.
i have the R100H and its quite loud!! not as much as my Engl, but id prefer having a 50 to crank it just that tiny bit more.

Page chose the AD series as he uses the Petersburg for the higher gain stuff and also his old Plexi's (well, new made from Jim himself)
500$ difference? The rockerverb50 is almost twice the price of the rocker 30.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
If you're using it with an attenuator, then get the Rocker 30, it'll get power amp OD at lower volumes, which is what you want. Depends how loud you usually play though, if you play loud, then the Rocker 30 will get power amp drive fine, but the Rockerverb 50 will stay a bit cleaner.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
I tried both side by side at my local music store and was unimpressed by the rocker 30, whereas the RV50 blew me away. Not sure if it was the lack of EQ, but I could not get a clean sound out of the 30 that I liked. I was mainly buying an amp to use for lower gain stuff, and the 50 not only sounded great for clean and crunch but could even do high gain in a pinch if my 5150 went down-- much more versatile (nice sounding reverb also).
Hamer artist ultimate
PRS singlecut 22
80's B.C. Rich warlock w/ EMG's
Peavey 5150
Orange Rockerverb 50