Hey hey im looking at a new guitar and have never played with a whammy bar so i need to know what is the best trem for dive bombs and so on.
OFR in my opinion. Stays in tune no matter how much you beat on it and its built like a
tank. Ibanez edge pro is nice too
it's personal preference; once you hit a certain quality, it's really which you prefer the feel of. also, a wilkinson could also probably be used for divebombs. it really depends what you're after.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
it's personal preference; once you hit a certain quality, it's really which you prefer the feel of. also, a wilkinson could also probably be used for divebombs. it really depends what you're after.

+1; there are plenty of quality trems out there that are neither OFR or double locking.

It all depends on what you want to do with them and which you prefer in terms of feel.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Best locking trem, would definately be out of the Edge/Lo-pro Edge, Edge pro, ZR, OFR, Schaller FR and the Kahler trems (no idea on steingberger ones or the Edge Zero or ZRII yet)

However I think the wilkinson trem is a very good one.
Mine's never been knocked out of tune, yet I do things on it that are considered "Too much" for a non-locking tremolo system, it has the ease of a "Vintage" tremolo, is almost as good "whammy" wise as a decent locking tremolo and is very flexible, if you want to use it, you can go nuts, if you don't, you can just leave it, or you can just wangle it every once in a while.
i like Kahlers and Ibanez ZR.
Ibanez RG1570
B.C. Rich KKV
Jackson RR3
Jackson RR5
Ibanez S320
Ibanez S520EX
Vox AD50VT-XL
Dunlop Zakk Wylde Wah
Marshall 2203KK
Marshall 1960A 4x12 Cab
Boss ML-2 Metalcore
Coffin Case Blooddrive
The ZR will never go out of tune. Ever. The only time I even touch my tuner is when I change strings. Also, its pretty difficult to break strings on them.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Yeah the ZR the only thing is that you doing get as much range...but supposivly its worth it
Wilkinson is decent. OFR is best along with the Kahler Floyd copies.